• Help Support TNDeer:

Elite series at KY lake

RUGER":2sk48fq5 said:
TRIGGER":2sk48fq5 said:
RUGER":2sk48fq5 said:
jard said:
. After the tourney lots of floating bass are found. Really bad for the spawn.

now now now, you haven't been paying attention around here.
Bass tournaments NEVER kill a fish silly!!!

:rotf: :rotf:

The majority of fish that die are in the summer where there caught deep. Any tournament June-August should have a requirement to attend a class on how to fizz and tend to fish. IMO

No doubt about that.
They are hard to keep alive when you pull them up from down deep.
Fizz and weights,i keep hypodermic needles in the boat.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Bass tournaments kill as many if not more fish than anyone else. Just because they are alive when they are released does not mean they LIVE. Riding around in a livewell all day is tough on a fish, especially on a bad weather day on KY lake.

Some of the fisheries studies that have been done on tournament mortality have shown that mortality is pretty low until the water surface temps hit 70 degrees. Once it gets into the 70's, mortality shoots up.

I REALLY like the scoring system used by Major League Fishing that weighs and immediately releases the fish!

Headhunter":1vusjxdr said:
Bass tournaments kill as many if not more fish than anyone else. Just because they are alive when they are released does not mean they LIVE. Riding around in a livewell all day is tough on a fish, especially on a bad weather day on KY lake.
Yep i agree

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

I have walked around Paris landing a few days after a big tournament and there were dead bass everywhere. It was July so hopefully it being early May, they won't kill off too many but then again they are having it during the middle of the spawn.

[quote Cant be on lake for 10days.We signed up gor the american crappie trail back in dec. where i couldnt chicken out.Wish i could chicken out cause we have been struggling catching crappie[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk[/quote]

Send me some coordinates and I will check them out for ya this weekend and let ya know what they are holding!!

Ain't been on the water in some time and gonna give it a go......figure it will be even tougher with the tourney going on!!

RUGER":26cn25nr said:
Just saw someone say something on facebook and thought it was odd.
The final day is on Monday?

The Monday finish is because of back-to-back weekends with Grand Lake. Gives them an extra travel/rest day.

Latest posts

Back