• Help Support TNDeer:

Energizer Ultimate Lithium AAs

Can't beat them. I also see that I can get 1.5 "seasons" out of them and they do tend to die right around the rut - really bad timing. Last season, I remember 2 cameras we let sit from the start of October all the way to mid December - to find out they had died in mid October shortly after deployment, and these were in traditionally ideal locations. We missed some key information we were looking for to connect dots, I'm sure! I need to get a voltage meter. And then need do better inventory, rather than just throwing all batteries in a gallon ziplock with the battery percentage average written on the bag 🤣.

I usually put my best cameras with lithium batteries in spots I can't get to often. Some of the other spots I'll use alkaline, because I can get in and out, as they're checked more often.

We are currently running 33 cameras , so it's hard to manage, but as long as we know the batteries are good, all is well. Typically 1-2 cameras malfunction each year, but that's another topic.

We are currently running 33 cameras , so it's hard to manage, but as long as we know the batteries are good, all is well. Typically 1-2 cameras malfunction each year, but that's another topic.
Ouch! And I thought running 14 washard.

I hope you have a map of where you have all the cams every year! Even with 14 I sometimes forget where they are (I move some weekly). With 14 cams I'll up end up using about 60 locations over the course of a season.

That's about how many I rum as well. Mine are spread out on several properties in two states. I have to change batteries more often with alkaline but I've never been burned by them dying without me knowing. They generally give plenty notice. When running lithium I did have some unexpected failures even on brand new batteries, and the info lost because of it is worth more to me than having to swap batteries more often. When a lithium battery quits, it's done and the cam no longer functions. With alkaline they die slowly, losing efficiency, but give plenty time to replace.

That's about how many I rum as well. Mine are spread out on several properties in two states. I have to change batteries more often with alkaline but I've never been burned by them dying without me knowing. They generally give plenty notice. When running lithium I did have some unexpected failures even on brand new batteries, and the info lost because of it is worth more to me than having to swap batteries more often. When a lithium battery quits, it's done and the cam no longer functions. With alkaline they die slowly, losing efficiency, but give plenty time to replace.
The primary symptoms I've found for dying lithium batteries - at least with Browning cameras set to video - is they start to cut night-time videos short. Because the night flash takes so much power the cameras start to cut these night videos down, each one only lasting a few seconds. Eventually, the cam stops taking night videos. Then the day videos start getting cut short as well. The downside is these symptoms come on FAST. Basically, once the night videos start getting cut short, the batteries are going to fail within a week. If your not checking cams regularly, and not looking at some of the videos while you're swapping cards, you may miss the signs and come back to a dead cam the next trip.

The primary symptoms I've found for dying lithium batteries - at least with Browning cameras set to video - is they start to cut night-time videos short. Because the night flash takes so much power the cameras start to cut these night videos down, each one only lasting a few seconds. Eventually, the cam stops taking night videos. Then the day videos start getting cut short as well. The downside is these symptoms come on FAST. Basically, once the night videos start getting cut short, the batteries are going to fail within a week. If your not checking cams regularly, and not looking at some of the videos while you're swapping cards, you may miss the signs and come back to a dead cam the next tgoodnight!

That's the same symptoms alkaline give when they get below 50%, especially on cold nights. My biggest gripe about alkaline is how testy they are with temperature. Even good batteries get goofy in really cold weather, then work good again when it warms up.

Mine will last longer on a set of Ultimate Lithiums - for instance, most of my cams are still reading 100% even with last year's batteries in them - but I've learned the hard way that they won't last two seasons. And they will "run out" at the most inopportune time, like peak rut! So for those cameras still looking good battery-wise, I'll keep running last year's batteries until sometime around Labor Day. But after that, every camera will have "this year's"

The primary symptoms I've found for dying lithium batteries - at least with Browning cameras set to video - is they start to cut night-time videos short. Because the night flash takes so much power the cameras start to cut these night videos down, each one only lasting a few seconds. Eventually, the cam stops taking night videos. Then the day videos start getting cut short as well. The downside is these symptoms come on FAST. Basically, once the night videos start getting cut short, the batteries are going to fail within a week. If your not checking cams regularly, and not looking at some of the videos while you're swapping cards, you may miss the signs and come back to a dead cam the next trip.
Bingo!

Latest posts

Back