Eva foam boat flooring

double browtine

Has anyone installed any of the Eva foam boat flooring on their boat? I was thinking about putting some on the upper front fishing platform of my deck boat. It has the 50 year 3/4 marine plywood and the factory carpet. I thought about changing to this flooring instead of replacing with just carpet.
Any pros and cons would be appreciated. I found some on Amazon for a decent price. It has an adhesive backing.

Attachments

• IMG_7963.png
    IMG_7963.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 7

Andy S.

Recently had a buddy do my 16x48 jon boat in April. He loves tinkering with jon boats, fixing them up and flipping them, so just the guy for it. I took the old worn out plywood floor out, pressure washed boat floor and dropped at his house one day. He mounted 1/8" metal floor, then adhered EVA Foam to it, was done in day and a half and had to negotiate some rain in the process. He could have finished in a full day if weather would have cooperated. The metal floor pic below is from another one of his projects, but sharing for illustration purposes. It really quietened the boat and helps considerably with walking barefoot on hot summer days. Also added herculiner where the gas tank sits to increase friction and reduce likelihood of it moving around. Few before and after pics.

IMG_2794.jpeg

IMG_2795.jpeg

IMG_2801.jpeg

IMG_5490.jpeg

73309005461__3F0CF1CC-442F-455D-BB44-A98F9B608039.fullsizerender.jpeg

IMG_5491.jpeg

Last edited:

double browtine

Recently had a buddy do my 16x48 jon boat in April. He loves tinkering with jon boats, fixing them up and flipping them, so just the guy for it. I took the old worn out plywood floor out, pressure washed boat floor and dropped at his house one day. He mounted 1/8" metal floor, then adhered EVA Foam to it, was done in day and a half and had to negotiate some rain in the process. He could have finished in a full day if weather would have cooperated. The metal floor pic below is from another one of his projects, but sharing for illustration purposes. It really quietened the boat and helps considerably with walking barefoot on hot summer days. Also added herculiner where the gas tank sits to increase friction and reduce likelihood of it moving around. Few before and after pics.

View attachment 231680
View attachment 231681
View attachment 231682
View attachment 231683
View attachment 231684
View attachment 231685
That looks great!!

Latest posts