• Help Support TNDeer:

Fall fishing on Ky Lake

Smo

I've been living in Tn. since 2009 and have worked out of town since I moved here. Needless to say I have not been able to fish much mostly due to time restrictions or when I had the time the wind was too high. I live in the Waverly/New Johnsonville area and I'm seeking advice on catching Fall catfish & crappie. Any tips or advice on where to go or what to use would be greatly appreciated. Now that I'm retired I can pick and choose the days I fish so hopefully that will eliminate the wind issue. I'm not looking to fill up a freezer, I would just like to catch a few fish to prove to myself that there are fish in the river here. What few times I've been I really struggled to catch anything.

Thanks

blue cats from the 70 bridge south all the way to cuba landing in the channel when there is current. you used to be able to catch all species of fish at the tva ponds when they dump the water. the water at jville right now is a little lower that the rest of the lake, maybe a half foot below winter pool so where ever you go be careful because you can ruin a lower unit quick.

crappie have been hit or miss in that area but they are catching the fool out of them on the north section of the lake, around big sandy up to paris landing, but you might get into some on birdsong or eagle creek(but you need to watch the closure dates because some of that water is considered the refuge). fish the backs of the bays adjacent to the creek channel. they are chasing shad right now. like i said, stay close to the channel markers and go slow or you will be paddling back to the ramp.

WTM Thanks for the reply. I tried Birdsong this past Spring and both times I went the wind got up as soon as I off loaded the boat. I have fished up the river some near where the Ferry crosses.Again without much success. I plan to try them again soon.

Back