• Help Support TNDeer:

Feel like a kid again lol

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Preliminary indications say this is a pretty darn good quality reel!
Thanks for all the suggestions!
Now just gotta decide on a rod.
Want to go old school with a 5'6" ugly stik but probably will go longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hillbillyfab":16ek1uy0 said:
Did you find a deal on one? I've been looking for another one to add to our stash.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

A buddy at work was wanting one and he ordered it for me. He owed me some money on shells so we just swapped out.
He got it off of ebay.
They were right at $60.00

I will find out exactly where and how much when he gets back.

old school...hmmm...

i don't think you can wrong with an Ugly Stik

I happen to have a 5'7" Shakespeare Ugly Stik made in USA. I had to retire the Mitchell 300 that was on it since it wobbled like a drunk on Beale Street.

I think I bought it in 1978. Still has every Factory guide and wrapping. Cork grip. Weighs 5.4 ounces.

It has landed a 43 pound Kingfish and a 4-ounce bass. I once hooked a Tarpon on it just a few miles west of Sawgrass. He broke the line and took my brass-colored Johnson spoon with him.

I like it.

WTM":ejb0f8yi said:
if you really want old school put it on a pistol grip rod.

That's what I meant to say.
Think I have 4 of them in the shop.
All 5'6" and all pistol grips lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spincast reel for me was a Johnson century. Never had a zebco, well I had 8 of the original cardinal 4's. Used them for 30 + years and traded them and the guy is still using them to this day.

Headhunter":2mvuqjtn said:
spincast reel for me was a Johnson century. Never had a zebco, well I had 8 of the original cardinal 4's. Used them for 30 + years and traded them and the guy is still using them to this day.

lol, gave one to my son last summer. still in pretty good shape after 40 some odd years.

My buddy came over Saturday and I showed him the reel.
He was excited.
I was showing him everything on it and how it was better than the old ones I used to use.
I mentioned the dual grip handle and said it was better than the single.
He looked at it and said, "Hmmm naw I like the single better". :bash:

Cracks me up. :D

you never know how far a man using his first spincast setup may go. a friend and coworker started out with a zebco 33 in the late 80's. before he died 10 years ago he won 2 BASS national federation titles and placed 20th in 2 Classics.

WTM":2oxqs2t1 said:
you never know how far a man using his first spincast setup may go. a friend and coworker started out with a zebco 33 in the late 80's. before he died 10 years ago he won 2 BASS national federation titles and placed 20th in 2 Classics.

Wow ! That's awesome. :D

My buddy won't go that far, I can't get him to touch a fish or bait his own hook yet. :rotf:

Latest posts

Back