• Help Support TNDeer:

Field to Plate

Mud Creek

Well we were able to get in a couple of good shoots. Numbers were down compared to last year but we still had a blast. Soaked some of the breasts in cherry Dr.Pepper for a few hours, sprinkled Fire and Smokes Cherry cola rub on them, wrapped them with Wrights Applewood bacon and onto the smoker with cherry wood they went. The others were soaked in Italian dressing, peppers stuffed with cream cheese, sprinkled with cavenders, wrapped in bacon and smoked as well.
20240905_174530.webp
20240905_174538.webp
20240905_174549.webp
20240905_191152.webp
20240905_191202.webp

looks great.

is that mayonaise or cream cheese?

did yall shoot them in that pasture or somewhere else?

Cream cheese. Top pic was at my buddys field opening day in the rain, second pic was Monday in that field. 2nd shoot was good but nothing compared to last year. All I can figure is way too much standing corn around right now, although all across the state it seems numbers are down. Some fields are holding a bunch of birds others just aren't.

I'm not as deer or turkey crazy as I used to be, I've lost all my rabbit hunting spots and most of my desire to go after them at the spots I do have, duck hunting is my favorite although it's slow around here unless its cold and wet, but I would spend the whole season in a good dove field if I could. I imagine some fields will be getting cut soon so hopefully it will pick up. Lots of great memories can be made shooting s good field and cooking out with friends afterwards.

Looks good, but that looks like more work than I'm willing to do (as I eat my leftover dove breasts that were marinated in Dales,, wrapped in bacon and grilled for breakfast).

Dales is more powerful than all that combined lol. I just like experimenting with stuff. Not because it covers the taste but it might actually be good or even better than the last way I did it.

Latest posts

Back