• Help Support TNDeer:

First fish of 2017

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Went after some crappie and maybe some bream.
Ended up with this one, the only one, but hey ya gotta start somewhere. :)

Pretty good fight on my ultra light though.

Congrats! I got my first one yesterday afternoon. I thought about going out to Garrett,but decided I just didn't want to have to mess with a boat. I went back to my pond to cast a little and see if I would be able fish with my shoulders. I could cast with some pain and had a hard time setting the hook ,but I finally got it done.

I'm going to the White next week, bursitis or not,
We might need to get one up in March or sometime,

woodyard":3f6i35c1 said:
Congrats! I got my first one yesterday afternoon. I thought about going out to Garrett,but decided I just didn't want to have to mess with a boat. I went back to my pond to cast a little and see if I would be able fish with my shoulders. I could cast with some pain and had a hard time setting the hook ,but I finally got it done.

I'm going to the White next week, bursitis or not,
We might need to get one up in March or sometime,
Im ready! !!!!

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

TheLBLman":2a3tlesd said:
Ruger, were you at Garrett Lake?

Who is the old man holding your fish?

Yes sir.

That is just some old guy that was fishing off the bank and I let him go with us. :)

RUGER":3vfptlmw said:
That is just some old guy that was fishing off the bank and I let him go with us. :)
Gotcha.
He just kinda resembled you, so I thought maybe he was your uncle or something. :tu:
Thought I recalled that background looking like Garret Lake.
I was probably doing some fishing there before you were born. :mrgreen:

Sometime back in the '60's, my Grandmother got a ticket there for fishing without a license.
She honestly believed she didn't need one, but learned otherwise, and there were never any hard feelings about it.

The county wildlife officer then was Ellis Jones. I always remembered him as being a very courteous and 1st class officer who very well represented the TWRA, or it may have still been the "Game & Fish Commission" back then. People in the community liked and respected Mr. Jones, and as a child, he was one of reasons I saw myself wanting to one day become a "game warden".

That's cool. Never met him but have heard that alot about him.
Still a great place to fish but nothing like back in the day.
Very very little cover now.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back