• Help Support TNDeer:

Fish finder question

cbhunter

I installed a brand new Lawrence Hook2 4x with gps. It's a very basic unit that I needed for pontoon. The depth is way off. It was all over the place and was mostly saying 10 ft when it was actually 25-35. Also the mph always read 2.2mph whether I was wide open or sitting still. Came with no operators manual straight from Lawrence! It is always flashing "simulator" on the screen which makes me think it's in a demo mode but can't figure it out. Any tips or ideas? It's my first boat so I'm pretty dumb to this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's new and didn't come with instructions , I would be on the phone with someone from the Company.

Most likely you just need to change modes on the monitor. Good Luck

either in demo mode, you have a manual depth set instead of auto, or your xducer is not mounted correctly for on plane readings. a pic of where the xducer is mounted would be helpful

A few years ago I got a new Humminbird that didn't come with a manual, just a disc. First time I called the general 800 number I got a rep that had an attitude like she didn't care if I could use my unit on the lake or not (I don't use a smart phone). Second time I called I got a helpful lady who said she would print me the 120-something page manual and mail it to me; I put it in a little loose leaf notebook in my boat. I still don't use a smart phone but even if I did the paper manual is much more helpful.

Back