• Help Support TNDeer:

Fisheries of Tennessee and the TWRA

I have seen the same thing on the Caney Fork river. Immigrants that didn't speak English keeping trout after trout that were legally supposed to go back in. At least I think they were immigrants, because when I said something to them they acted like they couldn't understand me. Sad to see years of conservation go down the drain because either A) we don't enforce the law (plenty reasons above) or B) you can't offend people of immigrant or ethnic background.

Several years ago I was at the International Farmer's Market in Cordova (on Germantown Pkway). When passing by the seafood display, I saw fish on ice. Including bream and/or bluegill. I thought that was odd, as I didn't think they could sell those in a grocery store.

I lived in Jupiter , Fl before moving up to Al .
I witnessed some of the things the imagrimts do to the fisheries there also . Some is not a nad thing though . I saw a car load of folks cast netting talapia and filling up 5 gal buckets . When they ran out of space in the buckets they openend up the trunk and emptied the fish directly in the trunk . I saw one group had so many fish they filled up the trunk then filled up the back seat with them . The little kids were sitting on piles of talapia .
I also saw a group of Aisians cast netting those little Plecko catfish out in the JW Corbett area and also filled up 2 four door cars with them nasty azz things . I asked what they do with them and they said they curry them and sell them at area markets BARF BARF .
So they not only hurt the native fish they also go after the non native fish !
All i know is that people in charge of OUR natural resouces suck at thier jobs . If we were that bad at what we did for a living we would be fricken fired … end of rant

When my ancestor immigrants got here we killed and kept everything we wanted year round. Luckily there were some laws passed and a few populations recovered. I guess today's immigrants just need a little education. Probably not used to having such good fishing where they came from. Humans being humans, humans are greedy.

Sometimes it just seems the TWRA has been ordered to "stand down" when it comes to illegal aliens and certain other political classes of violators?

Look at all the "defund the police" movements in so many big cities, where looters just break into stores, walk away with stuff, and the police just stand around doing absolutely nothing --- because they were ordered by "the powers that be" to "stand down", just watch.

It's all part of a grand scheme to create a permanent underclass of Democrat voters. If voting laws are not being enforced then enforcement of fishing regulations won't even show up on the radar.
INFOWARS. COM

Sooner or later we will have to start stomping on the cockroaches.

I suppose 90% of this forum's members, quite likely yourself included, who descend from someone other than British immigrants who were here before the Revolution, ought to be glad the "Know Nothing" movement of 200 years ago failed when they advocated precisely this.

As Flintlocksforme said above, these people can and should assimilate to values of conservation. Latino immigrants who have been here a long time have even favored Republicans of late.

Immigrants are not going away any more than your ancestors did. Might want to figure out how to help them fit in, rather than daydreaming about getting rid of them.

When my ancestor immigrants got here we killed and kept everything we wanted year round. Luckily there were some laws passed and a few populations recovered. I guess today's immigrants just need a little education. Probably not used to having such good fishing where they came from. Humans being humans, humans are greedy.
Ignorance isn't an excuse to break the law. Handcuffs would be a good teaching moment.

I suppose 90% of this forum's members, quite likely yourself included, who descend from someone other than British immigrants who were here before the Revolution, ought to be glad the "Know Nothing" movement of 200 years ago failed when they advocated precisely this.

As Flintlocksforme said above, these people can and should assimilate to values of conservation. Latino immigrants who have been here a long time have even favored Republicans of late.

Immigrants are not going away any more than your ancestors did. Might want to figure out how to help them fit in, rather than daydreaming about getting rid of them.
I can help them fit in….deport them back to their own countries so they can break their laws.

Unless something is done, in the future the fisheries, lakes and rivers, are being destroyed. You can go to most any lake or river, especially dams, most any day of the entire year and watch the illegal alien/immigrant population (yes there are some people who were born and raised here that are poachers also but by far, the illegal alien/immigrant population are the majority) not only catch fish, but keep every single fish they catch. I mean every single fish, limits of any kind mean nothing to them.

I am not a TWRA employee and this does not come from anyone associated with the TWRA, but the game wardens are overworked and underpaid and there are just NOT enough of them. Not even close! Maybe some of the pencil pushers need to have their pay reduced or be fired. It is sad when preserving our fisheries, one of the main things the TWRA is in existence for, is not even a consideration for them.

The blatant disregard for boating safety and boating laws by the illegal alien/immigrant population is also unbelievable to see.

I do not know if there is an answer, but if something is not done, it has already happened in many areas for different species of fish, but the fisheries will be destroyed. Not an if, but a matter of time.
Hate to say but this applies to legal residents as well. See it all the time guiding my clients. Yes I contact the law when possible. Can't lay ALL the blame on illegals...

Back