• Help Support TNDeer:

Fishing a tournament on norris need help

Ladys man

I have a tournament the end of this month on Norris lake, I'm not use to fishing it at all let alone this time of year, so just asking for some pointers not hot spots.

Points, flats, bluffs
Water depth
Just asking for some help

I always use deer running crank baits (crawfish colored). I do well on steep rocky banks or over submerged structure. North out of hickory star on the right there is a big creek. About 1/2 mile from hickory star. South out of hickory star there are several coves on the right. One goes through to the main lake during the summer. There is a lot of submerged structure in there. Some good smallies in both places.

For largemouths look for the long points and structure. I do fair for largemouths on the north side of island F around trees that have fallen in the lake.

We fished a tourney there about this time last year,at point 19,caught em good on jerk baits and A rigs.Just keep hitting the points,no idea if that's near where you are fishing.

I would head up the creeks and try and find a largemouth bite. Should be up shallow unless you are experienced the smallmouth bite will be tough. I'll be over next weekend and will let you know what I find.

Went down today. Grubbed out 5 keepers that probably weighed 10 lbs and a few throw backs. Fish the run ins. We did best on a sun gill keitech 4.8 swim bait and black and blue jig. Had to be water running in to catch fish. The lake is muddy from 10+ miles up the river to most of the sea. Cove creek and the damn is crystal clear. Had a few on a deep running jackall squirrel jerk bait. Also managed a 15 and 13.5 inch crappie on a jerk bait and swim bait.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 166

Latest posts

Back