• Help Support TNDeer:

Fishing line/knot question

Tenntrapper

A couple weeks ago, I picked up some Berkely Trilene 12lb line. I've been tying that fishing knot for 45 years, and never had a problem. This stuff however, will not hold a knot. I've not had one single "fisherman's" knot hold...pulls right out. What's going on, and what other knot can I use?

Thanks

What series of line is it...XT, XL, Vanish, etc?

Some of those lines just suck at holding a knot and they will slip with most any that you use. The palomar knot seems to be able to get you through with it until you can find something else. Of the Trilene brand, the XT was the only version of it that I ever somewhat remotely liked. I hated the XL and Vanish.

Crow Terminator":3he5rjv5 said:
What series of line is it...XT, XL, Vanish, etc?

Some of those lines just suck at holding a knot and they will slip with most any that you use. The palomar knot seems to be able to get you through with it until you can find something else. Of the Trilene brand, the XT was the only version of it that I ever somewhat remotely liked. I hated the XL and Vanish.

It is the XL series. The knot, I'm not sure it's name. Tag end through the eye, twist 7ish times, back through just above eye, through loop you created, and tighten. Always called it a fisherman's knot. I'll look into the knots mentioned, see if they will hold.

Ok, I googled the knots. The "fisherman's" knot that I referred to is the "improved clinch". It doesn't hold with this line. I will try the Palomar and see if it works.

Thanks for the help.

I always use a Trilene knot with mono. Never had a problem with it slipping. I do have problems with it slipping with braid, so I use a Palomar for that.

7638fe4ce0fdd6e645102b2612c72ca0.jpg

It is a pretty simple knot also, I used the Palomar for a while but have had better luck with the San Diego.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back