• Help Support TNDeer:

Fishing mis-haps

Ahhh...seeing some of these pics remind me why I hate treble hooks. :shock: And also the reason I prefer barbless hooks as well.

Had a crappie jig hook that got embedded in between the cuticle and the fingernail in my right middle finger once. I tried to get it out, and it wouldn't budge...at least, not without a lot of pain. :shock: Being the wuss I was, I went to the ER to get it out. When the nurse asked why I was there, I either flipped her the bird (with the crappie jig still attached to the finger) or showed her why I was there...depending on how you look at it. :D

They numbed the finger with a shot, and it felt like it went all the way into the bone. I looked away, and felt a tug or two on my finger, but no pain whatsoever. Next thing I know, I'm being bandaged up and on my way out the door. It was weird not having any feeling in my finger.

Went to Ky lake with a buddy that had an 18' fish and ski a few years ago. It was windy and the lake was rough but where we put in on the north side of the highway was protected from the big waves coming out of the south so it wasn't too bad at first. He knew the lake much better than me so I trusted him. We put the boat in and headed north running around 40 mph. It didn't take long to get far enough away from the levy when the waves started to pick up and BAM we ate one. Now this wasn't one that got pushed into the air by the bow, I still have a mental image burned into my brain of about a 2' wall of water coming over the front of the boat and the boat was still dry when the water hit me in the face along with the glass from the windshield that was in front of me. It busted all three windshields, tore the trolling motor off as well as his depth finder at the bow and at the console,it tore the rub rail off all the way around and he lost his expensive sun glasses. Needless to say after we gained our composure we put the boat back on the trailer and went home. I have eaten a few waves since but nothing like that.

Latest posts

Back