• Help Support TNDeer:

fixed my buddy's aerator

TNReb

A buddy of mine called and said his aerator wouldn't turn off. I said it sounded like a bad switch. He said he pulled the wires off the back of the switch, and it was still running. Weird.

So I went over to his house. Sure enough, he pulled the wires off the switch and the aerator is still running.

He then tells me how he left the boat out in the rain and the bilge was FULL of water. So we got to thinking that maybe trash got washed up oddly in the bilge and is causing a short.

Well, to get down to the bilge, you have to take the gas tank out. Which.. wasn't empty. An hour and a half later, we get the gas tank removed.

Surprisingly, the bilge is clean and well-wired. We can't find any short.

We've been at it a good 2-2.5 hours now, and we're frustrated.

Then I notice the problem... a second aerator switch on the bow of the boat. And yep, it's on.

My boat doesn't have an aerator switch on the bow, so I never even thought to look there.

:D

Usually the simplest solution is the right solution.... but it seems we (or I) ALWAYS skip over those expecting something complicated. 🤦‍♂️

I went without power in a single basement work room for two months. Finally called an electrician to come fix it. First thing he said was, "There's an outlet somewhere with a fuse reset button tripped." It took him a while, but he indeed found it behind a shelf stacked high with boxes.

I once had a stackable washer/dryer that went bad. The dryer would spin but not get hot. My wife went to a big box store and had a new washer and dryer delivered to the house and they hauled away the old set.

I hooked up the new dyer and turned it on only to find it having the same symptoms and find out that it was a bad 25$ breaker that was only sending 110v to the 220 outlet.

I think there are still echos of my screaming and curse words in that house.

Guys , literally last night my lights wouldn't turn on , its a double , one for fan one for light . I pulled the chain thinking the kids messed with it (forgot i did this later) . Nope has to be the switch. Went and bought one , Im no electrician but im like this is simple only 3 wires. Well i tried it wired the new one probably 12 different ways and couldn't get it to work . As im standing there getting mad my ol lady walks by and says did you pull the chain , she yanked it and lights came on .

Back