• Help Support TNDeer:

Flipping Stick Opinions

Spurhunter

I have a flipping stick I bought in 92 that my buddy nicknamed "the broomstick". It will yank a five pounder out of the thickest cover in a heartbeat, but it gives your arm a workout Arnold Schwarzenegger would envy. So, I'm looking to buy a new 7' or 7'6" flipping stick. I love Falcon but open to other brands. Prefer American made. Must be somewhat lightweight. Prefer cork handles. Give me some recommendations.

Doesn't match your requirements but... I bought a Lews TP1 7'6 H for flipping just to try when I placed an order and they didn't have what I wanted. Figured I'd sell it. It's become my favorite flipping rod. It has Winn grips. It's pretty dang light. It's worth a look and $100-$150... I'm thinking it was closer to $100.

I'm not a cork fan so I only have a couple older cork rods. I don't buy anything new with it.

SilverFox":3c7f49qi said:
It's hard to but I'd say the vast majority of rods are made in China... some assembly here but the blanks and eyes are made elsewhere.
I'm sure most of the components are made in China but I feel better buying one at least assembled here. Assembled in America and excellent customer service is why I love Falcon. I'm not ruling out the Lew's just yet though.

I have a 7'3 dixie custom rod heavy action, at least assembled in TN that does a fine job and he will stand behind. Has a website if you wanna give it a look. Also have a G Loomis I use for fishing a jig/worm deep you can feel a gnat fart on but you don't need that much sensitivity for a shallow water flipping stick.

Latest posts

Back