• Help Support TNDeer:

Florocarbon coated line

Get the P-Line Flouroclear - amazing stuff. The 10lb is about what 6lb used to be, and it holds up great. Low memory and stretch too, use it for trolling and jigging.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

i had a short jigging rod that i gave to my son that had 6lb p-line on it. he fished it in rocks, trees(out of water lol), and pea gravel. he caught a couple hundred gills with it and a couple of 4-5 LMB on it and it never broke. i cant remember but seems like i double unied a short 4# flouro leader on it too. i dont know about the heavier # lines though. i probably wouldnt throw a 5-10 dollar bait on a baitcaster with it though. might be best to go with a good time tested brand in that situation.

I fished exclusively with p-line coated line for a couple of years.(10,12,14,17 and 20 lb test) It's a great line but it is not as sensitive as floro and has more stretch. This is not an issue with most baits but I lost a few fishing slow in deep water. Just never felt like I could get a good hookset with the amount of stretch. I moved to bass pro xps fluorocarbon and like it.

Latest posts

Back