• Help Support TNDeer:

FLW Lambert is on fire

Lambert is the man on Ky Lake ledges.
Still blows my mind that Randy Haynes packed up and went home leading the tournament. I understand his frustration but come on you guys are professionals. Crazy how big Ky Lake is and they were literally bumping rub rails.

TRIGGER":2t1vgkgg said:
Still blows my mind that Randy Haynes packed up and went home leading the tournament. I understand his frustration but come on you guys are professionals. Crazy how big Ky Lake is and they were literally bumping rub rails.
Agree. I'll keep my opinion to my self on this. But.....I'd love to get paid to fish

TRIGGER":5rqepsvd said:

lol yeah Randy showed up at that hole on the first and second day and Jason had already caught fish and left for another hole. they said he fished that spot for like 7 hours. interesting thing about Lambert, he spends a huge amount of time scanning ledges.

I believe his frustration was more of what Ky Lake ledge Fishing is about now. Everyone has graphs and it's easy to see someone fishing and mark there location to fish later even if you don't have a clue how to find fish with the electronics. It seems that every spot that hold fish are becoming a "community hole". It's hard to get on fish once the herd gets out there but then again we are all the herd lol. I went pre fishing Friday afternoon to find some fish for Saturday and found a few good schools. I checked those spots early but they were not set up so I fished shallow early to give the fish time to set up. By the time I thought they were ready Alex Davis was setting on one spot, Michael Neal was on another and others were on every other spot I thought I had lol. The difference is when a pro pulls up most of us will move off the spot so they can have it. It happened to a couple of our club members Saturday. (We launched at 5:30 out of Paris) No one is going to move off a spot for me lol.

I don't get to see this stuff since I don't have some the outdoor channels and such. I don't know many of these guys by name.

What happened with the guy who went home?

TN Larry":33m84tq9 said:
Did Lambert catch any fish there on day 1 or 2? I know he started there on day 1, and Haynes fished it later.

Lambert caught his weight on that spot Thursday . Haynes got there first and caught his there on Friday(lambert ran down to stiper island to his back up fish). Lambert beat him there on Saturday but Haynes pulled up right behind him.

TRIGGER":39lxsqv8 said:
TN Larry":39lxsqv8 said:
Did Lambert catch any fish there on day 1 or 2? I know he started there on day 1, and Haynes fished it later.

Lambert caught his weight on that spot Thursday . Haynes got there first and caught his there on Friday(lambert ran down to stiper island to his back up fish). Lambert beat him there on Saturday but Haynes pulled up right behind him.

Gotcha. I knew Haynes caught them there the first two days, and Lambert had to go to his back up spot on Friday but wasn't sure what he caught off the spot on Thursday. I'm not sure why Haynes got mad then as Lambert invited him in to fish. Lambert's morning was stupid today. I watched the replay on Flw live. He caught fish on his first three casts. It then got really crazy a little later as he culled a 5 lber as he was catching them on every cast.

TNReb":3s81vy3a said:
I don't get to see this stuff since I don't have some the outdoor channels and such. I don't know many of these guys by name.

What happened with the guy who went home?

He was leading the tournament and Lambert the eventual winner was 2nd. They both fished the spot on Thursday, and then Haynes on Friday. Lambert beat him there on Saturday but allowed him to fish beside him. Lambert caught them and Haynes didn't. He got mad, loaded his boat, and went home before noon. Lambert went on to catch a 9 lber later off another spot and catch 30 lbs.

TN Larry":19mg4y0l said:
. Lambert beat him there on Saturday but allowed him to fish beside him.

That is the most interesting part of this whole escapade in my opinion.
I thought it was the other way around, I thought the guy that quit and left was there first.

Heck, now it makes even less sense to me. :D

I sure thought there was a rule about how far you had to stay away if you were in the same tournament.
Learn something new every day. :D

RUGER":3te7bj3l said:
TN Larry":3te7bj3l said:
. Lambert beat him there on Saturday but allowed him to fish beside him.

That is the most interesting part of this whole escapade in my opinion.
I thought it was the other way around, I thought the guy that quit and left was there first.

Heck, now it makes even less sense to me. :D

I sure thought there was a rule about how far you had to stay away if you were in the same tournament.
Learn something new every day. :D

Lambert said "your only Fishing here because you don't have anymore spots to go to". Saturday Fishing is tough if your not on a spot early so Haynes may have felt that way but lambert left there and finished his day off early on another spot. Lambert pulled up on one of our club guys around mid day(Saturday) and he told lambert to come on in and fish. Lambert said "I appreciate it but I have enough in the box already I'm not fishing anymore just riding around"

Back