• Help Support TNDeer:

FLW Lambert is on fire

TRIGGER":8yg101c9 said:
RUGER":8yg101c9 said:
TN Larry":8yg101c9 said:
. Lambert beat him there on Saturday but allowed him to fish beside him.

That is the most interesting part of this whole escapade in my opinion.
I thought it was the other way around, I thought the guy that quit and left was there first.

Heck, now it makes even less sense to me. :D

I sure thought there was a rule about how far you had to stay away if you were in the same tournament.
Learn something new every day. :D

Lambert said "your only Fishing here because you don't have anymore spots to go to". Saturday Fishing is tough if your not on a spot early so Haynes may have felt that way but lambert left there and finished his day off early on another spot. Lambert pulled up on one of our club guys around mid day(Saturday) and he told lambert to come on in and fish. Lambert said "I appreciate it but I have enough in the box already I'm not fishing anymore just riding around"

:rotf:

I bet that was an awesome feeling for him to know he had it so early.

TNReb":st3qbqos said:
I don't get to see this stuff since I don't have some the outdoor channels and such. I don't know many of these guys by name.

What happened with the guy who went home?

What I read last night that was Haynes was in the lead. It is customary maybe unwritten rule? that other anglers leave the leaders fish, spot alone. Lambert beat him to "his" spot by a few seconds. Haynes got mad after Lambert caught a few fish and said if this is the way it is going to be I'm out of here.

The way I see it if you get there first it is "your" spot, regardless if you are a tour pro or just a weekend angler.

100 yard rule would stop all that nonsense with people fishing the same tournament too.

Regardless of who was right and who was wrong in this particular situation, I think there is something important to be learned by both anglers and all other fishermen. I also feel that both anglers could have handled the situation more professionally and acted more like adults. They need to remember they represent sponsors and the great sport of bass fishing and they should conduct themselves accordingly.

Situations like this do not put bass tournament fishermen or other fishermen in a good light with the general public and are definitely not good for the sport of fishing. We all need to respect each other on and off the water and always try to be the better person no matter how frustrated we may become. It's up to us to conduct ourselves as adults and learn from other people's mistakes.

Just my opinion.

RUGER":1ha5r3f0 said:
The way I see it if you get there first it is "your" spot, regardless if you are a tour pro or just a weekend angler.

100 yard rule would stop all that nonsense with people fishing the same tournament too.
I agree. If I've packed up my boat and head to the lake, and I've been on a spot and someone pulls up... I'm probably not leaving - pro or not.

On the other hand, if they were friendly and started chatting I'd say "throw some in here if you want!". I'm just there to enjoy my day.

I give others the same courtesy. There's been several times this year guys have been crappie fishing where I was trying to go. I don't get anywhere near them. I look somewhere else.

Wow I guess me beating him 2 years in a row for club champ at Pickwick can be my claim to fame. Lol. I've fished several fruit jar tourneys with Jason. At that time I would have considered myself a better fisherman than him. Not now. Haha. Kudos to him for the time and effort he has invested. Way to go Jason. Good for you.

muddyboots":12qvs63f said:
Wow I guess me beating him 2 years in a row for club champ at Pickwick can be my claim to fame. Lol. I've fished several fruit jar tourneys with Jason. At that time I would have considered myself a better fisherman than him. Not now. Haha. Kudos to him for the time and effort he has invested. Way to go Jason. Good for you.

That's cool man.
Get in touch with him and get him on here!
He can be our first bonafide "official pro of tndeer" :)

muddyboots":3m0jgja1 said:

Very cool!! I'm headed back to Pickwick for a two day club tournament in a couple weeks feel free to pm me some good Pickwick intel lol.

TRIGGER":emgwx9ik said:
muddyboots":emgwx9ik said:

Very cool!! I'm headed back to Pickwick for a two day club tournament in a couple weeks feel free to pm me some good Pickwick intel lol.

Pm me and I'll give you a couple of waypoints that are holding fish right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back