• Help Support TNDeer:

Food or funnels.

Much depends on where it's located.

That really can't be overstated. Each location is so unique with its own specific "hot" times. Here in TN I hunt two farms that are only 10mi apart but the timing is nowhere near similar. One gets hot early to mid November. The other gets hot around beginning of December. Baffles me. I suppose it probably has more to do with site specific does' estrus cycles than anything.

That really can't be overstated. Each location is so unique with its own specific "hot" times. Here in TN I hunt two farms that are only 10mi apart but the timing is nowhere near similar. One gets hot early to mid November. The other gets hot around beginning of December. Baffles me. I suppose it probably has more to do with site specific does' estrus cycles than anything.
Our two main farms are 40 minutes apart opposite sides of the county. And it's crazy the difference in them. It's also funny how big weather fronts makes them the same.

Whether you prefer hunting pre, during, or post rut; that's doubling your preferred hunting season. Wish I had that problem

Hunted a funnel/staging area between two food sources yesterday evening. Tons of fresh sign, scrapes, scat, tracks. I got caught up in the amount of sign. Didn't see a thing. Should have done what I normally do this time of year. Push in close to bedding. I think this was nighttime sign.
Sounds like you were at the destination which is a lot of time after dark. Where they spend a lot of time.
Funnels before food.
Close to the bed or you won't see the head (gear) lol

Back