• Help Support TNDeer:

Free TWRA sponsored youth hunt

One of the young men in our recent Hunter Education class was drawn. What a boon! Neither he nor his dad have much any woods experience. This could be EXACTLY what sets them up for a long term hunting career together!

Just a return thought. My son had a great time at the youth hunt with TWRA, or should I say TWRF. Those guys put on a great hunt and overnight trip. They were top notch and good fellas. If you haven't joined TWRF you should. They do alot of things like this for the kids. I have never even heard of them before this and if it's a way to bring up the next generation than everyone looking to preserve our way of life should check it out. My son had an awsome time and he was so glad the had hamburgers and hotdogs for supper. He though it was going to be some kind of initiation and have to eat deer meat and eyeballs.

IMG_0482.jpg

My son got drawn for this...and I have to admit that neither of us have any woods experience to speak of. He's 13 and we decided this past year to start hunting as a way to spend quality time together. We took the hunter safety class together earlier this year too. We are both really excited about the opportunity (we're going to Humphrey's County) and are looking to learn as much as we possibly can from everyone while we're there. My son is definitely nervous about it all, but I'm really thankful that he gets a chance to kill his first deer before I do!

Latest posts

Back