• Help Support TNDeer:

Freeking $80/month to watch football on HULU.

Firestick….they can make amazing things happen…for free
Between dish network and Hughesnet it was costing me almost $300/month!
Satellite was our only option out here in the boonies. Then this new outfit came in to the area and had wifi internet. They bounce off numerous towers. Guys came out and climbed a tree on the highest point on my property, cut some branches and installed a small rectangular dish, and ran about 2-300' of cable to my house and installed everything necessary for the hookup to my router.
We now have internet that wa 10 times faster than Hughesnet and no bandwidth limit for $75/mo. I then cancelled dish network and got Paramount+, FRNDLY, NETFLIX, & Peacock for less than $40/mo. So I now pay About $115 per mo vs $300/mo. and faster internet and no bandwidth limits, and my cell phones have great signals here on wifi calling. Hughesnet & dishnetwork have been offering me all these limited discounts to get me back, it's hilarious, that they think folks are that dumb to go back to their raping prices. Even Starlink is a better bargain than them.

Oh yeah, you are correct, FIRESTICK is amazing.

Theft is Ok?

Between dish network and Hughesnet it was costing me almost $300/month!
Satellite was our only option out here in the boonies. Then this new outfit came in to the area and had wifi internet. They bounce off numerous towers. Guys came out and climbed a tree on the highest point on my property, cut some branches and installed a small rectangular dish, and ran about 2-300' of cable to my house and installed everything necessary for the hookup to my router.
We now have internet that wa 10 times faster than Hughesnet and no bandwidth limit for $75/mo. I then cancelled dish network and got Paramount+, FRNDLY, NETFLIX, & Peacock for less than $40/mo. So I now pay About $115 per mo vs $300/mo. and faster internet and no bandwidth limits, and my cell phones have great signals here on wifi calling. Hughesnet & dishnetwork have been offering me all these limited discounts to get me back, it's hilarious, that they think folks are that dumb to go back to their raping prices. Even Starlink is a better bargain than them.

Oh yeah, you are correct, FIRESTICK is amazing.
thats great. We ran our house off an obsolete mobile hotspot for 20.00 a month for 8 years before getting high speed cable internet (amazing on our little back rd) i still keep the 20.00 amongh hotspot as a backup. Hillbilly hunter was able to do something similar.

As far as stealing, direct tv, dish and the rest have stolen from all of us for yrs. They have held sports hostage in order to milk money out of us for limited access to sports. They divided sports up and sent them to different packages and channels to ensure they get every last drop of money from us. And firesticks are not illegal for the record. I never said my firestick was jailbroken- but there are ways and loopholes, free trials and other things you can do to get content for free. Without stealing…im not losing any sleep over espn potentially losing a few bucks after bending us over fOr decades along with the rest of the media powerhouses…

Frustrating to me that ESPN+ subscription doesn't include ESPN… Found that out the hard way last year. Thankfully my folks have regular TV and I can combine their login with my ESPN+ sub for all the games there SEC and ABC. I keep Paramount+ for golf and previously SEC. Probably cancel it tomorrow now that PGA wrapping. The + sub is like 10ish bucks I think. If not for piggybacking on a svc my folks don't use it would be impossible to get what I want for a decent price.

Just to let you know, I never said your firestick was illegal or jail broken, I said Firestick is amazing. I have it also and it has an amazing amount of features.
You are very correct: the cable and satellite have been screwing us for years. When the competition now shows up the are crying the boo hoo's now.

I wish we would have had one of those hotspots. We
re so far back in the wilderness it was either dialup or finally satellite. Do you remember dialup....I think about it now and then, how slow it was 🤣

Just to let you know, I never said your firestick was illegal or jail broken, I said Firestick is amazing. I have it also and it has an amazing amount of features.
You are very correct: the cable and satellite have been screwing us for years. When the competition now shows up the are crying the boo hoo's now.

I wish we would have had one of those hotspots. We
re so far back in the wilderness it was either dialup or finally satellite. Do you remember dialup....I think about it now and then, how slow it was 🤣
I was responding to pals pal comment….

The att hotspot actually works amazingly well but fiber is much much faster…im amazed they brought it down our deadend country rd….but they did!

I'm at the mercy of Xfinity where I live. They own this area and it's all from greasing the palms of the local politicians. I had to cut some options to get my monthly bill from $300 down to around $230. That's ridiculous. So paying for someone else to be able to watch anti-American sports teams doesn't sit well with me at all.

I'd screw them out of money any way I could and be fine with it. They are the enemy. They are a monopoly, and the local government allows it.

Here's the other thing they do…

Broadcast TV Fee $29.20
Regional Sports Fee $10.00
Other charges $8.04
Franchise Fee $7.79
Public, Educ & Govt Fee $0.10
Regulatory Cost Recovery $0.15
Sales Tax $12.95

That's 68.23 in fees they don't advertise as part of the fee for your plan.

Other parts of Murfreesboro has options, but I don't. I'll be rid of Xfinity as soon as I can. Of course the other options have seen we will pay it.

I was responding to pals pal comment….

The att hotspot actually works amazingly well but fiber is much much faster…im amazed they brought it down our deadend country rd….but they did!
Thanks for the info, I couldn't figure out where I said those things 🤣

This area in the Rockies where I live didn't have phones until the early 1980's.

I'm at the mercy of Xfinity where I live. They own this area and it's all from greasing the palms of the local politicians. I had to cut some options to get my monthly bill from $300 down to around $230. That's ridiculous. So paying for someone else to be able to watch anti-American sports teams doesn't sit well with me at all.

I'd screw them out of money any way I could and be fine with it. They are the enemy. They are a monopoly, and the local government allows it.

Here's the other thing they do…

Broadcast TV Fee $29.20
Regional Sports Fee $10.00
Other charges $8.04
Franchise Fee $7.79
Public, Educ & Govt Fee $0.10
Regulatory Cost Recovery $0.15
Sales Tax $12.95

That's 68.23 in fees they don't advertise as part of the fee for your plan.

Other parts of Murfreesboro has options, but I don't. I'll be rid of Xfinity as soon as I can. Of course the other options have seen we will pay it.

I'm in the same general area when I come up to the farm. My TV/ cable/ internet fees are zero per month there.

I have a smart TV hooked up to antenna for local channels and other over the air broadcast.

I hook my TV up to my cell phone mobile hotspot (which is unlimited and free with First Net) which allows me to watch free youtube, and sign in under my paid Max, Amazon accounts.

Pretty empowering to have access to pretty much anything you want save for the ESPN bundles for only the cost of electricity powering the TV.

If I could create a satellite company where you could cherry pick your channels and not have to take bundles I would. Our tv is through DirecTV but then we have 2 or 3 other apps on top of that. In total it's stupid what we pay for tv when we watch maybe 10 or so channels. 😡

Latest posts

Back