• Help Support TNDeer:

Fried okra

waterman

Started cooking it cut length wise instead of cross wise. Like it LOTS better cooked this way

Attachments

• 82387.webp
    82387.webp
    179.1 KB · Views: 2
Love it fried and also grilled....we've grilled it split length wise and have grilled it whole but will need to try it fried split legnth wise...looks delicious.

I started doing mine like this, cut off the woody stem end, slice lengthwise, and shake in a paper bag with yellow cornmeal, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and cayenne. Deep fry in the electric fryer, loosen the belt!!

I like Okra a lot but I must say that when you pick it small (like 2 inches small) and brush with olive oil, then put Tony Chacheries on it... Grill it and eat it whole. Man is it good....

Started cooking it cut length wise instead of cross wise. Like it LOTS better cooked this way

We've picked them for a week, and I had enough to fry a batch the other night. Did it lenghtwise like this, and it was really a hit.

Also, I opened up the carton of buttermilk and it had gone bad. So I spooned a dollop of Greek yogurt, splashed some milk in, and whisked it around with some salt & pepper. It worked great, especially when it combined with the okra slime. The cornmeal coating stuck like a champ

My okra wasn't worth anything this year, I was really suprised. Usually I have a bunch of it. I got enough to fry a batch then just pulled it up and chalked it up as a loss.

Latest posts

Back