• Help Support TNDeer:

Full Pool!!!

Do bass do this too?
no, but they do get a more vibrant color as they go shallow to spawn. thats how you tell if youre catching prespawn or postspawn bass, other than fat or flat bellies of hens or bloody tails of bucks. when they move up from wintering spots they are more pale and as the light hits them in shallow water theyll color up. one thing is for sure, you will always have fish in the 3 or 4 spawn phases at a given time througout the spawning season, which can and has ran all the way to June on KY lake.

at least on ky lake and from 30 years of data, during these high flow springs, bass and black crappie spawns suffer but white crappie usually have good spawns. my hope was that it would stay cooler so the bass would have a descent chance later in the spawning season, but after the updated weather forecasts for next week and hydrology predictions i dont see that happening now.

We are getting a big warm up but the water has been dropping and will continue to drop throughout the week in Jville (Dropped a foot since saturday). Will this cause them to wait to get stable water or will they push on and spawn? The water levels at the dam are actually still rising. Very interesting to see.

We are getting a big warm up but the water has been dropping and will continue to drop throughout the week in Jville (Dropped a foot since saturday). Will this cause them to wait to get stable water or will they push on and spawn? The water levels at the dam are actually still rising. Very interesting to see.
theyll move back some. what worries me more than anything is another carp spawn. the flow and water temp is just right for it.

theyll move back some. what worries me more than anything is another carp spawn. the flow and water temp is just right for it.
Yes you are correct. I didnt think about that. May need to bring out my carp colored lures. Bass will feed up for 3 weeks on the carp fry until they are 5 pounders by week 4 haha

Latest posts

Back