• Help Support TNDeer:

Garmin force

bluball

Helped performance fishing electronics with an install last week and went out with the customer to calibrate and set it up.Really liked the wireless foot pedal and was really impressed with it ,only problem i had is i would hit the wrong buttons on the remote sometimes because im use to the ultrex.I think its alittle more hitek compareing to the ultrex also. @Spurhunter

@Sniper has one and seems to like it. I've never got the chance to try one, but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

I'm going to run Lowrance units on my next boat (other than Garmin for LiveScope), so I'll stick with the Ghost.

I haven't even tried the foot pedal yet. The only thing I've done out of my big boat since I installed it is spider rig and pull cranks. This fall I'll try it bass fishing. I love the idea of not having to mess with the cables and wiring harness.

@Sniper has one and seems to like it. I've never got the chance to try one, but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

I'm going to run Lowrance units on my next boat (other than Garmin for LiveScope), so I'll stick with the Ghost.
I haven't even tried the foot pedal yet. The only thing I've done out of my big boat since I installed it is spider rig and pull cranks. This fall I'll try it bass fishing. I love the idea of not having to mess with the cables and wiring harness.
Not dealing with the cable mess is awsome,you will like the footpedal forsure.You can adjust the tension on the foot pedal with a allen wrench.Guy i was teaching to use his new force and electronics keep hitting the north ip on his foot pedal and the trolling motor was going haywire🤣.Told him i could fix that,hit the north up 6times real fast and it turns that feature off and he didnt have anymore problems.

I've never used a Garmin Force but when I replace my Terrova, it will be with another Terrova. I fished in the Gulf yesterday in a 27' Sea Hunt that had a Terrova on it. I'm telling you that when he hit spot lock, we didn't move. We stayed right on the structure. 10-15 mph winds and strong ocean current and we didn't move. I'll stick with Minn Kota.

I've never used a Garmin Force but when I replace my Terrova, it will be with another Terrova. I fished in the Gulf yesterday in a 27' Sea Hunt that had a Terrova on it. I'm telling you that when he hit spot lock, we didn't move. We stayed right on the structure. 10-15 mph winds and strong ocean current and we didn't move. I'll stick with Minn Kota.
You sound like HH coming on a thread clearly about one thing and tell us how yours is better. 🙄

The terrova foot pedal sucks,harder to deploy and harder to mount a transducer to than most trolling motors.Yes they are good motors and tough no doubt,i have had 2 terrovas the bluetooth version and the older version.I have had the powerdrive also,the ultrex is way better than the terrova and powerdrive when it come to using the footpedal,deploying and mounting a transducer.The garmin i helped setup this morning the spotlock is just as good also,i imagine all of the newest trolling motors ghost,force and ultrex have great spotlock.

You sound like HH coming on a thread clearly about one thing and tell us how yours is better. 🙄
I think i like the ultrex remote better,but think its just because i know where the buttons are without looking🤣When using the remote i kept pushing the wrong buttons🤣Dont think it would take long to get more familiar with the garmin remote though,it has a good layout.I actually told my buddy if he has someone come in that just had to have a ultrex and he could sell mine gor a good price i might switch,hard to find a new ultrex right now.

I think i like the ultrex remote better,but think its just because i know where the buttons are without looking🤣When using the remote i kept pushing the wrong buttons🤣Dont think it would take long to get more familiar with the garmin remote though,it has a good layout.I actually told my buddy if he has someone come in that just had to have a ultrex and he could sell mine gor a good price i might switch,hard to find a new ultrex right now.
i usually sont buy second hand but ill give you $500 for your ultrex. thats a good down payment on a force.

i usually sont buy second hand but ill give you $500 for your ultrex. thats a good down payment on a force.
Just call performance fishing electronics,for $500 i will give you side plates and remote,will be a good start on a ultrex🤣🤣🤣🤣

All of my years fishing I always said if it wasn't made by Minn Kota, then it was not a trolling motor and for the most part I still believe that. I have a 10' pond hopper that needs a trolling motor, it will get a Minn Kota.

I have a ghost and so far it it is awesome. Only thing remaining, is to see how long the Ghost will last, I have had Minn Kotas that lasted for many years with ZERO issues. Hoping the Ghost does also. I would be careful about brand new Ghost, since Brunswick bought out Navico. Hoping they don't try to turn the Ghost into "motorguide".

Only negative I can see with Minn Kota (the ultrex) all my friends that have them, say in calm conditions the spot lock will move around and when throwing a deep diving crankbait the "spot lock" will move toward the bait.

And a positive to the Ghost is it can be run 24V or 36V, 97 lbs of thrust and 120 lbs of thrust. I have not even come remotely close to running the batteries down.

All of my years fishing I always said if it wasn't made by Minn Kota, then it was not a trolling motor and for the most part I still believe that. I have a 10' pond hopper that needs a trolling motor, it will get a Minn Kota.

I have a ghost and so far it it is awesome. Only thing remaining, is to see how long the Ghost will last, I have had Minn Kotas that lasted for many years with ZERO issues. Hoping the Ghost does also. I would be careful about brand new Ghost, since Brunswick bought out Navico. Hoping they don't try to turn the Ghost into "motorguide".

Only negative I can see with Minn Kota (the ultrex) all my friends that have them, say in calm conditions the spot lock will move around and when throwing a deep diving crankbait the "spot lock" will move toward the bait.

And a positive to the Ghost is it can be run 24V or 36V, 97 lbs of thrust and 120 lbs of thrust. I have not even come remotely close to running the batteries down.
You can change the boat scale in the ultrex and it will help the spotlock in calm conditions with the ultrex.The garmin you can adjust it to,not sure abiut the ghost,i have never used one.Hope they dont turn the ghost into a motorguide either,the motorguides i have owned i have had problems with.

You can change the boat scale in the ultrex and it will help the spotlock in calm conditions with the ultrex.The garmin you can adjust it to,not sure abiut the ghost,i have never used one.Hope they dont turn the ghost into a motorguide either,the motorguides i have owned i have had problems with.
the ghost, at least all the ones I personally know of, do not move, well for sure not enough to notice. Several Ultrex owners have told me in low wind or no wind conditions they move, for sure enough it is noticeable. I have used the ghost from as shallow as 3' of water for locking onto a spot and the boat may swing depending on wind, current or wakes from other boats, but the trolling motor stays in one spot, I would say within inches. My ghost has been great for locking onto a spot in no wind to 25 mph wind and gusting. Actually better than my 50 lb anchor, because in high winds you need to let out extra rope to hold and the whole boat will swing a little depending on how much rope has to be let out to hold. The ghost does not move, it stays in one spot.

Well, it did move one time. I wanted to show a friend how great the spot lock was. He was on one of the docks at 4 corners. I was within feet of the dock. I hit the lock button and the trolling motor started "searching". Slow speed but just moved and quickly was bumping the front of the boat into the dock, just lightly. I was like, well the ghost died or lost settings. Nope, called Lowrance, he said most satellites orbit close to the equator, he said something to that effect. So if trolling motor is trying to lock next to a boat dock and there are other docks blocking the direction toward equator then lock option does not work well or at all. Believe he is right, so long I have (I am guessing 50' from the dock) spot lock works great.

Last edited:
the ghost, at least all the ones I personally know of, do not move, well for sure not enough to notice. Several Ultrex owners have told me in low wind or no wind conditions they move, for sure enough it is noticeable. I have used the ghost from as shallow as 3' of water for locking onto a spot and the boat may swing depending on wind, current or wakes from other boats, but the trolling motor stays in one spot, I would say within inches. My ghost has been great for locking onto a spot in no wind to 25 mph wind and gusting. Actually better than my 50 lb anchor, because in high winds you need to let out extra rope to hold and the whole boat will swing a little depending on how much rope has to be let out to hold. The ghost does not move, it stays in one spot.

Well, it did move one time. I wanted to show a friend how great the spot lock was. He was on one of the docks at 4 corners. I was within feet of the dock. I hit the lock button and the trolling motor started "searching". Slow speed but just moved and quickly was bumping the front of the boat into the dock, just lightly. I was like, well the ghost died or lost settings. Nope, called Lowrance, he said most satellites orbit close to the equator, he said something to that effect. So if trolling motor is trying to lock next to a boat dock and there are other docks blocking the direction toward equator then lock option does not work well or at all. Believe he is right, so long I have (I am guessing 50' from the dock) spot lock works great.
that will also happen with the gps on an mfd, particulary around southern bluffs or hills at certain times of the day. alrhough manf. adding glonas, waas, etc. helps some.

Latest posts

Back