• Help Support TNDeer:

Garmin new release

at least the mount is only 99 bucks. be good for shooting docks and staying off of shallow stake beds, cover and structure.

so if they are only turning it sideways, looks like a high def 360 except in real time.

WTM":1ioow7pv said:
at least the mount is only 99 bucks. be good for shooting docks and staying off of shallow stake beds, cover and structure.

so if they are only turning it sideways, looks like a high def 360 except in real time.
Bracket looks easy to make,dont see me paying there $99 price.Yep thats what it looks like,for shallow water applications i think.I may play around and try it some,but dont think it will be too useful to my setup.I run the 360 and livescope on the bow already and dont like wasteing time turning transducers for different views.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

bluball":1qf0h763 said:
TNReb":1qf0h763 said:
Is this just the same sort of thing as Humminbird 360?
Sorta,but live

Ahhh.. makes more sense. That seems pretty darn cool. Unfortunately it'll cost an arm and a leg and be replaced with something better in two years.

TNReb":zdbrwty0 said:
bluball":zdbrwty0 said:
TNReb":zdbrwty0 said:
Is this just the same sort of thing as Humminbird 360?
Sorta,but live

Ahhh.. makes more sense. That seems pretty darn cool. Unfortunately it'll cost an arm and a leg and be replaced with something better in two years.
Yep,always that way,but its well worth the price just to know 100% sure theres a fish there when you see it on the screen.Its also nice when you see a gar when spiderrigging,you can usually hit rabbit and head the other way before he bites and tangles everything up[emoji23]

[/quote]Yep,always that way,but its well worth the price just to know 100% sure theres a fish there when you see it on the screen.Its also nice when you see a gar when spiderrigging,you can usually hit rabbit and head the other way before he bites and tangles everything up[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk[/quote]

LOL! Aint that the truth.....gar wore me out this past summer/fall.

The more I see on this, the more awesome it is. I thought I wanted Mega 360 until I saw this!

Im a Lowrance guy but Garmin has the best "live" offering. The only reason I havent gotten a Gamin set up is that I expect Lowrance will catch up and will be more compatible with my system

TNReb":36jmyb28 said:
The more I see on this, the more awesome it is. I thought I wanted Mega 360 until I saw this!
Perspective is only good in shallow water though.

Jmed":31nrd4uu said:
Im a Lowrance guy but Garmin has the best "live" offering. The only reason I havent gotten a Gamin set up is that I expect Lowrance will catch up and will be more compatible with my system

maybe and maybe not. it all depends on what garmin allowed them in the cross patent agreement. if not, hopefully lowrance and humminbird will continue to innovate and drive the bar higher.

WTM":2bsa1fo9 said:
Jmed":2bsa1fo9 said:

maybe and maybe not. it all depends on what garmin allowed them in the cross patent agreement. if not, hopefully lowrance and humminbird will continue to innovate and drive the bar higher.
I hate to say this,im a die hard lowrance man.Was in my buddies boat and he had the newest 12 in humminbird units(think gen3 megas)and the side and down looked amazing.I have been around the gen2 megas and wasnt really that impressed,but the gen 3's are the bombHe has the new mega 360 on backorder,cant wait till he gets it to see what i think of it.He also has a garmin12in xsv with livescope,the bigger unit is the bomb when using livescope.

bluball":nmkbtov0 said:
WTM":nmkbtov0 said:
Jmed":nmkbtov0 said:

I hate to say this,im a die hard lowrance man.Was in my buddies boat and he had the newest 12 in humminbird units(think gen3 megas)and the side and down looked amazing.I have been around the gen2 megas and wasnt really that impressed,but the gen 3's are the bombHe has the new mega 360 on backorder,cant wait till he gets it to see what i think of it.He also has a garmin12in xsv with livescope,the bigger unit is the bomb when using livescope.

from the screen shots ive seen it looks incredible, even picks up great fish returns at high freq. my next upgrade will be a larger screen to take advantage of the higher resolution. my eyes are going to crap, lol.

bluball":16uiiirp said:
WTM":16uiiirp said:
Jmed":16uiiirp said:

Unfortunately they all have their good and bad.

I'm not crazy about Humminbirds menus and I'm not crazy about their 2D. When I had my Solix units they were horribly slow. I had several software issues and Humminbird customer service wasn't much help. Lakemaster maps are nice.

I switched to Lowrance. Their menus and ease of use is better for me. Side imaging isn't near as nice as Humminbirds Mega, but it's good enough to see structure. If I was looking for fish on my Humminbird I wasn't on the Mega frequenct anyway. 2D is superior on the Lowrance and the units just function more smoothly. However, I do occasionally lose 2D signal for a minute and there doesn't se to be a fix (I've replaced both 2D transducers) C-Map now has HD maps for most of the lakes I fish, and I actually like them better than Lakemaster. (I wish c-map had water level offset though)

I have never had any interest in the Garmin stuff until I saw the perspective mode. Then again, I don't like that moving the trolling motor head changes the view. I guess that would just take some getting used to.

For me, Lowrance is the best compromise.

Yep,agree,thats why i have always had lowrance.I wasnt really impressed with there gen2 mega,but gen 3 is awsome.I with you on the menu layout,hate the bird menu layouts.Love the touch screen lowrance menu layouts,gps,2d and di and si are respectable.The best si di setup is the lss1 box with a lss2 transducer,but i run lss1 boxes and tranducers even run a lss1 box with my touch unit.I havent really used any of the cmap mapping,but they scanned a bunch on ky lake a couple yrs ago.I have lakemaster,lowrance insight,navionics in my boat now and they all have there place to be used.

Latest posts

Back