• Help Support TNDeer:

Gatorzilla

TX300mag

A local lake we bass fish is an alligator sanctuary. It's a state park now, so I doubt they'll ever be hunted. TPWD GW and biologists relocate them here when they get too big for residential areas or get aggressive.

I'regular see a 12' and a 13' in the same areas. Now that vegetation has died back some, more of lake is accessible.

I've read that there is a 15' gator, but had my doubts. No longer. I saw him yesterday. He was at least 5' across torso and 4' across head. Sorry pic isn't any better but I was in a 10' boat and not getting any closer. For some reason this year I've had a couple get bolder and even territorial.

How is the bass fishing? I figured gators eat fish and would put a hurting on bass.

The bass fishing is great on this lake. As a matter of fact, I've found the best fishing spots have an gator that always hangs around.

I ran into a man a few months ago on the lake that told me now that there are gators on the lake the fishing would be terrible. I fished it 40 years ago as a child and it had lots of gators back then, lol.

I guess there are enough bass to keep us all happy.

When I was station at ft polk, la. There was a lake on base I would fish regularly. Everytime at 3pm here would come this gator and sit out in the water about 6 feet away and just watch me. At first I just kept fishing, but after a few times of not getting anymore bites after he showed up, I learned to just pack it up and head home.

When I was station at ft polk, la. There was a lake on base I would fish regularly. Everytime at 3pm here would come this gator and sit out in the water about 6 feet away and just watch me. At first I just kept fishing, but after a few times of not getting anymore bites after he showed up, I learned to just pack it up and head home.
When I was stationed at Hunter Army Airfield in GA I had one come right at me and crawl under my truck. I was already in the bed at that time as I thought he was coming for me :D. He took off after I started the truck (went through the window from the cab), that's when I noticed the area was pretty much weedless, so it must have been his sunning spot. Found another place to fish, with a dock, so another wouldn't mess with my fishing time again.

Latest posts

Back