• Help Support TNDeer:

Waddell Kills a Couple

Happy for him.... I wish that I had the vision to build points and put in for some of these great hunts out west. I do the same thing for whitetails in 3 states, but it is work!
Its more than just building points. Even though its a draw, that Navajo tag is listed at $10,000. And it requires a guide according to their regulations. I laugh at him throwing "public land" in there. No telling what that first elk cost too.

10000 is cheap, compared to a goat, sheep, brown bear hunt
No doubt.

I hunted a different rez this spring where the trophy elk tag was only $10,000. I couldn't believe it as this rez is known for consistently producing 400" bulls. I did some asking around and discovered the required guide fees could be as high as $20k+. So that $10k is suddenly a $30k+ elk. Definitely knocking on goat, sheep, and brown bear prices.

To each his own though. If I was a multi-millionaire i'd be ballin' all over those $20-30k hunts too. But I damn sure wouldn't be hashtagging #publicland to falsely deceive folks for the likes and "look at me!"s.

Reminds me of Meateater buying $10k+ landowner elk tags for New Mexico, hot spotting the unit within a minute of their episode, but failing to reveal they bought their way to the front of the line to circumvent the ~1.5% draw odds. Instead they want it portrayed as "Look at this PUBLIC LAND HUNT that is possible for YOU too!" Yeah, possible if you have plenty of expendable income or plan to be able to elk hunt when you are 100 years old. The industry is a joke. I'm sore over the Meateater stunt because I was fortunate enough to defy the odds and draw that tag in 2019 with ~2% odds. Odds have since been cut in half! There was a noticeable uptick in non-rez applications for the unit the year following the Meateater episode. As I knew there would be.

Last edited:
No doubt.

I hunted a different rez this spring where the trophy elk tag was only $10,000. I couldn't believe it as this rez is known for consistently producing 400" bulls. I did some asking around and discovered the required guide fees could be as high as $20k+. So that $10k is suddenly a $30k+ elk. Definitely knocking on goat, sheep, and brown bear prices.

To each his own though. If I was a multi-millionaire i'd be ballin' all over those $20-30k hunts too. But I damn sure wouldn't be hashtagging #publicland to falsely deceive folks for the likes and "look at me!"s.

Reminds me of Meateater buying $10k+ landowner elk tags for New Mexico, hot spotting the unit within a minute of their episode, but failing to reveal they bought their way to the front of the line to circumvent the ~1.5% draw odds. Instead they want it portrayed as "Look at this PUBLIC LAND HUNT that is possible for YOU too!" Yeah, possible if you have plenty of expendable income or plan to be able to elk hunt when you are 100 years old. The industry is a joke. I'm sore over the Meateater stunt because I was fortunate enough to defy the odds and draw that tag in 2019 with ~2% odds. Odds have since been cut in half! There was a noticeable uptick in non-rez applications for the unit the year following the Meateater episode. As I knew there would be.
I think you're buttering the bread there buddy. The only hashtag is bonecollector. His company. The actual quote about public land is "the best tag a public land hunter can ever draw" which to anyone in the know -and you appear to be in the know- would understand the relevant associated costs involved.

A lot of us have watched him grow up. We're not perched on some moral highground. He killed a couple nice bulls and some of us like seeing big elk. Nothing more than that.

Have a good season 👍🏻

There is a place in New Mexico, owned by billionaire Ted Turner, called Vermejo Park.
That is not a Public Hunt There. You are being catered to from start to finish.
There is a huge Elk population on that ranch, thousands of acres (approx. 300,000 acres). They have guides that know exactly where and when these elk come through different areas. They just set up the hunters for the kill, kind of like shooting ducks in a pond. Also one helluva huge herd of Buffalo there. Prices for this so-called hunt....check them out.

I think you're buttering the bread there buddy. The only hashtag is bonecollector. His company. The actual quote about public land is "the best tag a public land hunter can ever draw" which to anyone in the know -and you appear to be in the know- would understand the relevant associated costs involved.

A lot of us have watched him grow up. We're not perched on some moral highground. He killed a couple nice bulls and some of us like seeing big elk. Nothing more than that.

Have a good season 👍🏻
You are so full of yugo it ain't funny. Go suck a big waddy, you're in need of it.

Have a good season 👍🏻
The state raffle tags are 'the best tag a public land hunter could draw'. Yet some spend thousand on chances.

If he killed the elk on a rez, it wasn't 'public land'. If the rez got wind of him saying that, he wouldn't be invited back, even with his $10k... there are plenty more to take that spot.

No beef against Waddell, he has the connections to get on some good spots, some for just the cost of the state tag fees. Perks for being in the industry.

Latest posts

Back