• Help Support TNDeer:

Squirrel whistle

I used on when I was younger and hunted Wisconsin.
Very successful especially with fox squirrels.
Had one run at me once barking away.
Here, not so much.

Better luck when I was in NC hunting fox squirrels, but here they do peak around the tree to see what made that sound. Just won't call back, at least not often.

I have had better luck with a squirrel buster. But, could just be me. I've not really had much luck out of them.

Never used the whistles but I have killed piles of squirrels using this over the years. Have also just rubbed a dime against the stock of my gun and killed a bunch.
Screenshot_20240929-142341_Chrome.webp

If u can get in the fox squirrels with it. U can have some fun. I cut a small green limb and carry it with me. U can get the grays to bark at me. Then I use my squirrel buster to keep them barking at me. Until I can find them.

I plan too try my new squirrel bast_rd starting after deer season closes…

87F86FB0-F61B-43E9-92C4-52C92428AD02.webp

Meanest treeing feist this side of Hell….🤣

But he's got some growing too do first.

FE8927ED-529F-4532-96B3-8C29C4E0F19B.webp

🤣

I never used one of those squirrel calls, dogs always seemed too be the most productive means of killing them.
I hope he makes a good un'..🤞👍🐿

Last edited:
When I was 15 I was bowhunting deer with my recurve bow. I was kinda hanging out waiting for my mother to pick me up. A squirrel came down a tree about 15yds away barking at me. I shot it through and pinned it to the tree. It made the squirrel whistle sound exactly. There were literally over a dozen squirrels barking and running through the treetops coming to the injured squirrels aid. I shot again and made a miraculous head shot where the arrow glanced but didn't stick. I had two squirrels in two shots and they were still coming. I finally killed the first squirrel and immediately went and bought a whistle. It has never even received a response at all much less like that all out response. I'll still try it from time to time.

Latest posts

Back