• Help Support TNDeer:

Georgia public land?

Nsghunter

I like to travel to hunt and I like to harvest meat deer, therefore, I enjoy trying new places. West Tn. is my go to for this but I had a successful hunter say he really enjoys going to Georgia but he hunts private and has family there to hunt on. Does anyone hunt the Ga. public scene and have any luck at it.

Ga quota hunt applications are free...you can build points for a few years and hunt anywhere you want. I recommend the island hunt for something different. I have yet to go...saving it for later. Also banking the gator quota hunt points.

Ga quota hunt applications are free...you can build points for a few years and hunt anywhere you want. I recommend the island hunt for something different. I have yet to go...saving it for later. Also banking the gator quota hunt points.
Gator JUST closed, DANG but the deer is up until sept.

also very interested in the topic. Been building points for a couple years but I'm sure I have a few more to go. Would be interested in specific wma/points to draw if anyone has done it previously.
I go most years. All of the information on points required to draw and success rates are posted by Georgia DNR in an easy to understand manner. Hunts across the nation are getting too difficult to draw to post specific information anymore.

I go most years. All of the information on points required to draw and success rates are posted by Georgia DNR in an easy to understand manner. Hunts across the nation are getting too difficult to draw to post specific information anymore.

I understand that completely, I guess I was trying to see is the hunting good enough to load up for a week and head down and hunt on open public. I can do that in West TN and have good chances at a deer but wanted to see how it was down there.

I understand that completely, I guess I was trying to see is the hunting good enough to load up for a week and head down and hunt on open public. I can do that in West TN and have good chances at a deer but wanted to see how it was down there.
Quota hunts will be 2-3 days only on WMAs for firearms.

I like to travel to hunt and I like to harvest meat deer, therefore, I enjoy trying new places.

Given your location and objectives I'd be looking at the Calolinas and south GA for pigs to add to the meat hunt. Otherwise I'd be looking north to KY, WV, & OH as they're similar drive distance but on top of plenty meat deer to hunt they have very real plausibility of killing a giant buck on public with OTC tags.

Used to live in GA. Back then and still today Berry College WMA was good also.hunt. Plenty of deer and a good road system. Okey Woods had plenty of deer

Latest posts

Back