• Help Support TNDeer:

Gibson County Lake

TNReb

Anyone fished it this year?

I've never been. Dad and I had originally planned to go to 1000 Acre Lake soon, but now we're considering Gibson County instead. Neither of us have ever bass fished either one (he has crappie fished 1000 acre).

Any clue which lake we're more likely to get bit the most? It'd be nice to pull out a lunker, but we're going to enjoy it more if we're catching fish. I don't have much interest in fishing 6 hours and catching 3 fish. I can stay here and do that on Old Hickory. :) On the other hand, I don't guess I have much interest in fishing 6 hours and catching 30 fish that are 10 inches long either!

Yep, I'm curious too.
:D

I had already talked to him about Gibson but for anyone else that is wondering....

I always told people that I am not a good enough bass fisherman to catch fish at Gibson County lake.
I hung the absolutely the biggest bass I have ever seen in my life there and it got off right at the boat.
I have also NEVER caught more than 5 bass in one trip there.
After telling a buddy of mine that I wasn't good enough to fish there, and he is the best bass fisherman that I know personally, he said, heck I ain't either.
I guess that lake gets so much pressure is what does it or something but I just can't catch fish there on a regular basis.

If you want the best chance around here for an absolute monster bass, then that is your place.
If you don't mind fishing for several hours and not catching anything but sun then that is your place.
If you want to bass fish and catch several (15+) bass in one outing, then unless you are alot better fisherman than I am, you are better off elsewhere.

I've been there 5 or 6 times and never caught more than four. Nothing over 2 lbs. I know there are plenty of big fish there, I just haven't been able to figure them out.

Update..

We didnt go! :)

We went to 1000 Acre instead because I just didn't want to drive all the way to Gibson County.

1000 Acre was also a waste of a trip. :D

Latest posts

Back