• Help Support TNDeer:

Good day today

Ouch!! Hate that it's blown! Rebuilding definitely leaves that feeling in the back of a mind thinking something else might go wrong. I bought mine used 4 years ago and haven't had a problem worth mentioning until this past weekend luckily. (Knock on wood). Mechanic called today and hasn't fooled with mine much but thinks it's the relay. I'll definitely holler if I get the chance. I'm in a red/white 201proxl with a 200 proV.
I looked at buying an aluminum boat but got such a good deal on this one I couldn't pass it up. Do you like it over a fiberglass boat ? Ride better or worse ?

Prowler":2i5dqw1x said:
Ouch!! Hate that it's blown! Rebuilding definitely leaves that feeling in the back of a mind thinking something else might go wrong. I bought mine used 4 years ago and haven't had a problem worth mentioning until this past weekend luckily. (Knock on wood). Mechanic called today and hasn't fooled with mine much but thinks it's the relay. I'll definitely holler if I get the chance. I'm in a red/white 201proxl with a 200 proV.
I looked at buying an aluminum boat but got such a good deal on this one I couldn't pass it up. Do you like it over a fiberglass boat ? Ride better or worse ?

I love the boat. I've had it for 7 years and had a smaller one before it. It's perfect for my use. You can be rough with it, but it also rides and runs good. It jumps up on pad and runs like a fiberglass. It's about to have a new Pro XS on the back.

Is the storage/live wells comparable with a similar size glass boat ? How about top end speed ? I have a few friends with a pro XS and if I ever get a new motor that's what it'll be. Any inclination why the old motor blew ??

My buddy has a glass Triton the same size. The only thing where my lacks is the back storage boxes are a little smaller due to more flotation in the back of my boat. Other than that, it is laid out exactly the same. I'm not sure if I will ever own a glass boat as I like this one so well. As expensive as they are, I may just keep buying motors in the future instead of replacing the whole rig. :D

Back