good year for peaches too

WTM

i thought the cold snap may have gotten my peaches but they had already flowered out and fruited.

picked a few. they arent as flavorable as they usually are due to some good rains this year but theyll make some cobblers. they are absolutely loaded and the deer and squirrels havent robbed me yet lol.

IMG_1990.jpeg

OakHillHunter

i thought the cold snap may have gotten my peaches but they had already flowered out and fruited.

picked a few. they arent as flavorable as they usually are due to some good rains this year but theyll make some cobblers. they are absolutely loaded and the deer and squirrels havent robbed me yet lol.

View attachment 233453
I saw a peach tree on the way home yesterday that looked like it was going to break with how full it was. A guy i work with brought a peach cake to work today and it was probably one of the best cakes I've ever had.

OakHillHunter

View attachment 233453
Do you do anything to your trees for bugs or anything?

WTM

Do you do anything to your trees for bugs or anything?
yep you have to or the fruit moths will rot every peach on the tree. pretty much have to for apples and plums too.

i use the new sevin concentrate and only have to spray about two times during fruiting. just have to watch and not spray 14 days before picking.

WTM

I could about eat this computer screen looking at those baskets. All the local trees around me that I used to be able to pick from are gone.
old timey indian blood peaches used to be all over the place doen that way. papaw had several of those trees on his truck patch farm.

i want to plant a few of those. they make the best fried pies.

Latest posts