• Help Support TNDeer:

Got a limit this morning.

rem270

Nice morning in the woods. Killed 2 right off and killed my 6th one at 7:52. Makes 54 squirrels so far this year.
20240831_080516.webp

Is the limit 6, or 10? Either way, great hunt!
Like the others said, KY limit is 6. Sometimes I wish it was 10 and sometimes I'm glad it's not because I usually don't come out until I have my limit lol. I only came out with 3 yesterday. Wind was blowing 10+mph and they were laid up at the top of the trees and not moving much.

Should be no limit. I know there is not in my yard. After they destroy stuff, and they sure can, they get a 177 pellet anytime I get a chance. The damage they can do to a vehicle or a home can be expensive.

Should be no limit. I know there is not in my yard. After they destroy stuff, and they sure can, they get a 177 pellet anytime I get a chance. The damage they can do to a vehicle or a home can be expensive.
I kill everyone I see in my yard. They've damaged 2 different houses I've had so the yard is a no fly zone.

Cost my brother well over $1000 couple years ago. Wiring harness in his truck.
Old house they chewed through the roof vents and got in between the roof and ceiling drywall above the bonus room. Chewed the coating off the wires to the celing fan / light so when you tried to turn it on it would pop the breaker thankfully or I would've had a fire. Neighbor helped me replace them.
IMG_7600.webp

Current house they somehow got inside the eves and I noticed the piece hanging down and we got it back in place and tacked down before any serious damage. You can see in the first pic where they chewed it on the piece hanging.
IMG_7601.webpIMG_7602.webp

Old house they chewed through the roof vents and got in between the roof and ceiling drywall above the bonus room. Chewed the coating off the wires to the celing fan / light so when you tried to turn it on it would pop the breaker thankfully or I would've had a fire. Neighbor helped me replace them.
View attachment 243516

Current house they somehow got inside the eves and I noticed the piece hanging down and we got it back in place and tacked down before any serious damage. You can see in the first pic where they chewed it on the piece hanging.
View attachment 243517View attachment 243518
Them tree rats are bad news for sure. Just got 2 with air rifle. I guess "baiting" them is legal. They like the bird feeder.

The chewed wire thing, had that and when I got it fixed I asked how fires start like that. Guy said he'd seen a bunch and what happens is the squirrel gets 2 wires bare and if he bites across both, since he's not grounded it doesn't pop the beaker, it grabs him and cooks him with the current till he drys and catches on fire like something in the oven left too long, once he starts burning the 30 years dry wood in the attic etc. catches easily and up goes the house.

Back