• Help Support TNDeer:

Got Drawn for two Oak Ridge, TN archery only hunts - Seeking help

EE423

I have lived and hunted in TN all my life but am new to the Knoxville area.

I have already checked out/scouted a few TVA spots but have not been able to find much sign or have much luck. Don't have a ton of time when I get to hunt so not enough to be able to drive 1+ hour away. If that's my only hope please be blunt so I don't waste the little time I have on these small public plots and just wait until I have more time to dedicate to traveling to where more deer are available.

I have three young children (under 5) and a wife studying to be a physician so not much time to get out and scout this year. So I am just seeking some help from those of y'all that have hunted public in the Knoxville TN area and in Oak Ridge WMA on past draw hunts.

I got drew for:
1. Nov. 2-3 3 Antlerless Archery only. Scouting days are coming up this weekend.
2. Dec. 14-15 3 Deer, No more than 1 Antlered Archery only.

Please feel free to PM me. I know many folks don't feel comfortable with sharing too many details on these public posts since this will be here forever. Don't blame that though pattern one bit though.

Thank you & good luck to you all this season.

Not to be discouraging but drew it after it was closed for 3 yrs and absolutely sucked. Spent a whole day walking and scouting nearly 7 miles by gps saw a handful of deer and couldn't escape people and pressure. Good luck

Not to be discouraging but drew it after it was closed for 3 yrs and absolutely sucked. Spent a whole day walking and scouting nearly 7 miles by gps saw a handful of deer and couldn't escape people and pressure. Good luck
I appreciate the honesty. I've noticed a few folks saying the quality has declined over the past few years which sucks but oh well.

This is the first year I have put in for a draw hunt on my own so this whole process is new to me. I knew it would be slow learning but getting out there is the only way. At least that's how I see it

I would say manage your expectations. If you have only been scouting the last month or so, don't be discouraged by little sign. That would be everywhere. Those bow areas used to be pretty good.

Latest posts

Back