• Help Support TNDeer:

Got my pedestal finished

Mike Belt said:
Looks great! Can you show some more pics of how the deer are mounted on the pedestal?
hanger_zps5b4d4f65.jpg
Mike, here is a pic of the same type hanger mounted on a wall in my shop. The male fits on the back of the form, and its a small piece of square steel that slides inside the square tubeing.

Vermin93 said:
Wow, very cool. It would be nice to see a picture of the pedestal all the way down to the floor. Looks like a nice piece of furniture.
ped_zps34f82e8e.jpg
Vermin93, here is a full pic of the pedestal. Its 32 inchs tall, 24 inchs square. The cedar limb was from an old tree that had died, and been there for years. I had always said I was going to use it one day, and finally got the chance.

The back of a regular form has a wood panel for mounting. Does the pedestal mount also? If not how do you mount it to a wall or in your case, a tree?

The back of the wall pedestal has a flat wooden back, plywood. The male is a piece of square steel, app. 3/16 square by 2 inchs long with a piece of flat metal welded cross ways on it. It has two holes which screw to the wooden back of the form, then you place the male into the female bracket.

Back