• Help Support TNDeer:

Great afternoon

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Caught about 40 of this size and larger this afternoon.
Plus three bass, one of which was about 1 1/2 pounds all on an ultralight that my son gave me.
Scn tied the fly I was using.

WTM":3mrx8wji said:
very nice. so is that a bead head pheasant tail with rubber legs?

It was tied with Hare's Ear Wiggle Dub. I tied him some up in rust and black. The dub has micro rubber "legs" mixed in the dubbing plus the big rubber legs for a pretty buggy look. Tied on a size 12 jig hook with black tungsten slotted bead.

My friend that showed me the fly had whacked a bunch of trout during the winter trout stockings. I sort of thought some 'gills would eat them as well.

scn":2vbcv7sx said:
WTM":2vbcv7sx said:

It was tied with Hare's Ear Wiggle Dub. I tied him some up in brown and black. The dub has micro rubber "legs" mixed in the dubbing plus the big rubber legs for a pretty buggy look. Tied on a size 10 jig hook with black tungsten slotted bead.

My friend that showed me the fly had whacked a bunch of trout during the winter trout stockings. I sort of thought some 'gills would eat them as well.
I've got a list of tying materials that I need that's a mile long. I may have to add this to it. I just need a free day when the stores open back up to get them.

Buzzard Breath":145792pp said:
scn":145792pp said:
WTM":145792pp said:

It was tied with Hare's Ear Wiggle Dub. I tied him some up in brown and black. The dub has micro rubber "legs" mixed in the dubbing plus the big rubber legs for a pretty buggy look. Tied on a size 10 jig hook with black tungsten slotted bead.

I've got a list of tying materials that I need that's a mile long. I may have to add this to it. I just need a free day when the stores open back up to get them.

If you know what you are needing, just send Fly South an email. They are filling phone/email orders, and I'm pretty sure were giving free shipping. They will appreciate the business as they try to weather the closure.

scn":1t0i7vbl said:
If you know what you are needing, just send Fly South an email. They are filling phone/email orders, and I'm pretty sure were giving free shipping. They will appreciate the business as they try to weather the closure.
I'm pretty particular about some things, but I think I'll get a list of hooks and synthetic stuff put together and send it in today. Half the fun of tying flies is going to the shop and shooting the breeze as I buy crap I don't really need. :D

Hopefully Nashville's liberal mayor will let some places reopen with proper social distancing protocols in the near future. I agree that looking at stuff in hand rather than ordering from a picture makes all the difference with tying materials.

Back