• Help Support TNDeer:

Hate it when this happens....

FLTENNHUNTER1

So I'm Kayak fishing this morning and decided to change lures. I have been practicing a new to me knot, the San Diego Jam Knot. I executed it perfectly, remembered to lube the knot with spit, and she slide down the line towards the lure perfectly!

Then I cut the cut the main line instead of the tag line...

HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS

I do it all the time, especially the older i get and the worse my "close up vision" gets

Another "I hate it when that happens". I'm fly fishing a lot now and these flies/nymphs i use are tiny ! I have learned the hard way, DO NOT TRY and hold one in your mouth to tie the line. Those little suckers will hook your tongue quick . And your fishing partner will laugh so hard at you that it draws attention from all the other fly fishermen on the river. Then you feel like an idiot.

gtk":3hffuhph said:
I do it all the time, especially the older i get and the worse my "close up vision" gets

Another "I hate it when that happens". I'm fly fishing a lot now and these flies/nymphs i use are tiny ! I have learned the hard way, DO NOT TRY and hold one in your mouth to tie the line. Those little suckers will hook your tongue quick . And your fishing partner will laugh so hard at you that it draws attention from all the other fly fishermen on the river. Then you feel like an idiot.

OH

MY

GOD

Hopefully they aren't barbed hooks on your flies embedded in your tongue.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

i'm not laughing AT you...I'm laughing WITH you, because I've done it several times. I HATE when it happens!

FLTENNHUNTER1":36onjncj said:
gtk":36onjncj said:

OH

MY

GOD

I make my lures barbless on purpose. Just in case of instances like this!

FLTENNHUNTER1":3cuschve said:
So I'm Kayak fishing this morning and decided to change lures. I have been practicing a new to me knot, the San Diego Jam Knot. I executed it perfectly, remembered to lube the knot with spit, and she slide down the line towards the lure perfectly!

Then I cut the cut the main line instead of the tag line...

HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS

I don't need a new knot to do this. I use the palomar knot as my main knot. It's an easy knot for me to tie so I use it all the time. Despite using this knot, I STILL cut the main line instead of the tag line every so often. :lol:

moondawg":2epwxsq0 said:
FLTENNHUNTER1":2epwxsq0 said:

I make my lures barbless on purpose. Just in case of instances like this!
luckily we were in yellowstone NP fishing, and they require barbless hooks. I dont panic much, but i was just about to panic ! just another life lesson.

larry ipock":2m8wnl3v said:
Did you cut the main line instead of tag, and tossed lure over the side? done that too many times to count.

Have not done that yet but now you jinxed me LOL. Hopefully it is a floating lure!!

larry ipock":10b8ccan said:
Did you cut the main line instead of tag, and tossed lure over the side? done that too many times to count.

I did this twice in a row one night. Threw two brand new spinnerbaits Complete with trailer and trailer hook in the water in about 3 minutes. The ole lady hasn't let me forget that one yet.

I like it when I use a set of pliers to remove the hook from a fish and then when you "toss" the hook or bait out into the water you throw your pliers too. :bash:

RUGER":3orcbm55 said:
I like it when I use a set of pliers to remove the hook from a fish and then when you "toss" the hook or bait out into the water you throw your pliers too. :bash:
I have lost a few pairs of pliers getting the hook out of drum. I hate bringing them into the boat so I do it over the side...they shake and there goes the pliers. I try to be a little more careful about in now lol

My dad has been having issues with his knots. He misses "the hole" with the tag end to tighten the knot. It's usually just enough to allow him to cast and watch the lure continue flying off into the wild blue yonder.

Crow Terminator":17vdwqwu said:
My dad has been having issues with his knots. He misses "the hole" with the tag end to tighten the knot. It's usually just enough to allow him to cast and watch the lure continue flying off into the wild blue yonder.

That is hilarious!

Latest posts

Back