• Help Support TNDeer:

Help florocarbon

bluball

I dont know alot about florocarbon,ive never used it.I mainly crappie fish and have been thinking about trying it on a jig pole and on my double minnow rigs i tie up.Whats brands are yall useing in 6-8lb range and how do you like it,thanks

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

I'm not an expert but I use flourocarbon on my finesse spinning rigs for bass. I've tried several brands in 8 and 10 pound test. My favorite is Seaguar InvisX. Don't go cheap and don't waste your time on Berkley Vanish. Flouro is very sensitive. I could see that being advantageous on a jig pole.

Spurhunter":2nnbmw5e said:
I'm not an expert but I use flourocarbon on my finesse spinning rigs for bass. I've tried several brands in 8 and 10 pound test. My favorite is Seaguar InvisX. Don't go cheap and don't waste your time on Berkley Vanish. Flouro is very sensitive. I could see that being advantageous on a jig pole.
Thanks,seaguar is what my bass buddies at work recommended.

Spurhunter":1b91c48o said:

Seagar all the way. Went to Walmart today to get some in #6. They were out. Bought some Vanish, haven't tried it yet. Got a question. Whats the problem with Vanish?

larry ipock":1h32r90l said:
Spurhunter":1h32r90l said:

Seagar all the way. Went to Walmart today to get some in #6. They were out. Bought some Vanish, haven't tried it yet. Got a question. Whats the problem with Vanish?

In all seriousness, it's probably the worst flouro made. I would no doubt fish cheap mono over vanish any day of the week.

Spurhunter":2uyxzx3j said:
larry ipock":2uyxzx3j said:
Whats the problem with Vanish?

Terrible memory in my experience. Let me know your opinion after you try it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I still got the receipt. If its that bad, gonna take it back, and get some seagar elsewhere. There is a place 20 mi. up the road that sells it, but he is 30% higher on line. Can't tolerate bad line.

larry ipock":26su00c1 said:
Spurhunter":26su00c1 said:
larry ipock":26su00c1 said:
Whats the problem with Vanish?

Terrible memory in my experience. Let me know your opinion after you try it.

I still got the receipt. If its that bad, gonna take it back, and get some seagar elsewhere. There is a place 20 mi. up the road that sells it, but he is 30% higher on line. Can't tolerate bad line.
I usually catch Seaguar InvisX on sale somewhere and buy a big spool.

Seaguar InvizX is good but I like Sunline Sniper or Assassin better. Its more manageable in my opinion. Like said above I would stay far away from Berkley Vanish. I am not a big fan of Seaguar Red Label either but others seem to like it. If you try Flourocarbon, I wouldn't go the cheap route. Bad fluorocarbon will drive you nuts. I am not saying you have to go the most expensive route either but the cheap stuff made me pull my hair out because it was so hard to manage. Sunline would be my first choice followed by Seaguar InvizX.

NumberOne":2qiiefbc said:
Seaguar InvizX is good but I like Sunline Sniper or Assassin better. Its more manageable in my opinion. Like said above I would stay far away from Berkley Vanish. I am not a big fan of Seaguar Red Label either but others seem to like it. If you try Flourocarbon, I wouldn't go the cheap route. Bad fluorocarbon will drive you nuts. I am not saying you have to go the most expensive route either but the cheap stuff made me pull my hair out because it was so hard to manage. Sunline would be my first choice followed by Seaguar InvizX.

is it as supple(less rigid) as invisx? there is a spinning setup under water by birdsong bridge with vanish on it. i threw it there. i havent used flouro since on my spinning reels although i have wondered how invisx would work. lol, thats why i asked Ruger in another thread why he was using red label on spinning outfits.

for crappie jigging or long poling it may not matter though since its not being cast. i could see an adavntage using it for spider rigging. more sensitive for lighter bites and probably less line swing. im just wondering if the leader droppers will sink more than mono and offer a less natural presentation when moving slower when the bite is slow. but you could always run flouro as a main line and mono leaders.

tip: lol, if you are cheap like me and dont want to spool a whole spool with high priced flouro then fill up a spool with mono, double uni knot on flouro and fill it up the rest of the way with the flouro. ive been doing this for years with super lines and it works great.

WTM":1it4pvw8 said:
NumberOne":1it4pvw8 said:

is it as supple(less rigid) as invisx? there is a spinning setup under water by birdsong bridge with vanish on it. i threw it there. i havent used flouro since on my spinning reels although i have wondered how invisx would work. lol, thats why i asked Ruger in another thread why he was using red label on spinning outfits.

for crappie jigging or long poling it may not matter though since its not being cast. i could see an adavntage using it for spider rigging. more sensitive for lighter bites and probably less line swing. im just wondering if the leader droppers will sink more than mono and offer a less natural presentation when moving slower when the bite is slow. but you could always run flouro as a main line and mono leaders.

tip: lol, if you are cheap like me and dont want to spool a whole spool with high priced flouro then fill up a spool with mono, double uni knot on flouro and fill it up the rest of the way with the flouro. ive been doing this for years with super lines and it works great.

To me I found the Sunline to be less rigid. I like it better. InvizX is good stuff too. I just prefer Sunline.

Great tip on using cheap mono as backing for more expensive line. I do this. Put 30-40 yards of mono on and I tie a blood knot.

On spinning reels, I run braid to a fluro leader. I would throw rods in the lake too if I had to use straight flouro on a spinning reel. The braid is 10 times more manageable and it is more sensitive which is the attribute I want when fishing a spinning reel.

yep that is how i run my casting spinning reels too. as for blueball, i wouldnt do braid for spider rigging unless he wants some broke poles, lol. the 6lb suffix 832 i use on some has a break strength of almost 20lbs. aberdeen hooks will probably bend before it breaks a pole though.

The first time I used red label it was a disaster.
The second time I used "reel magic" on it and it helped alot.
Dunno, I just really like it and it performs very well for me.

For those that use InvizX, is it really that much better?

I don't mind paying for it if it is that much better than red label I would try it.

WTM":hhhuefz0 said:
NumberOne":hhhuefz0 said:

Gonna try it on a verticle jig pole setup and leaders for single and double minnow rigs when spider fishing.My main line on my spider poles will be mono with flouro leaders.

WTM":1ssdeuui said:
yep that is how i run my casting spinning reels too. as for blueball, i wouldnt do braid for spider rigging unless he wants some broke poles, lol. the 6lb suffix 832 i use on some has a break strength of almost 20lbs. aberdeen hooks will probably bend before it breaks a pole though.
[emoji16]i have been running30lb powerpro braid on my crank pulling poles since 2010,never broke a pole yet.Pulling 8 $5 crankbaits at once and dont want to lose any[emoji23]

bluball":24b34tpj said:
WTM":24b34tpj said:
[emoji16]i have been running30lb powerpro braid on my crank pulling poles since 2010,never broke a pole yet.Pulling 8 $5 crankbaits at once and dont want to lose any[emoji23]

lol, i dont blame you. one of the reasons ive never want to pulled cranks, new rods and line counter reels being another reason.

looks like braid would pull out a lot, but then again crappie just lay there and let you reel them in once you get them to the top of the water.

WTM":2bgsx9b8 said:
bluball":2bgsx9b8 said:
WTM":2bgsx9b8 said:

lol, i dont blame you. one of the reasons ive never want to pulled cranks, new rods and line counter reels being another reason.

looks like braid would pull out a lot, but then again crappie just lay there and let you reel them in once you get them to the top of the water.
I think i lose a few fish because of the braid,but its worth it to save on crankbaits.With the braid i lose 3-4 cranks on a good year,but last year i bet i lost 10-12 crankbaits.With the 30lb braid if you get hung up and break it off you can find the bait floating on your next pass and dip it up fish your dipnet.I never stop if i get hung up,if you do they all float up and you really got a mess

WTM":20o71m2l said:
one of the reasons ive never want to pulled cranks, new rods and line counter reels being another

When I pull cranks I use 4 of my bass rigs. I did buy 1 line counter that you attach to the rod but couldn't tell any difference when I used it. We don't get real scientific. Just let out line and roll with it. The only thing I've found that's critical is speed. 1.8 - 2.2 MPH.

Spurhunter":2zka86fv said:
WTM":2zka86fv said:
one of the reasons ive never want to pulled cranks, new rods and line counter reels being another

When I pull cranks I use 4 of my bass rigs. I did buy 1 line counter that you attach to the rod but couldn't tell any difference when I used it. We don't get real scientific. Just let out line and roll with it. The only thing I've found that's critical is speed. 1.8 - 2.2 MPH.

Yep speed is critical,one day last year we were tearing them up going 2.7mph.Buddy that i was fishing with said shouldnt we slow down,told him no we are catching fish[emoji16]

Latest posts

Back