• Help Support TNDeer:

Hiwassee River Rockfish

cowhunter71

Got into targeting these fish late last summer. Managed to catch a schoolie size fish for my first one at the end of the season. Been probing spots for the last 10 evening checking on their progression up river. Pulled this one out of the upper portion of the middle section of the river from the bank, right at dark last night. Ate a 5in. smokey joe Red fin. 'Bout spooled me :) Good solid fish. Buddy is going to post pics later on.

cowhunter71":dsw1k6a5 said:
Got into targeting these fish late last summer. Managed to catch a schoolie size fish for my first one at the end of the season. Been probing spots for the last 10 evening checking on their progression up river. Pulled this one out of the upper portion of the middle section of the river from the bank, right at dark last night. Ate a 5in. smokey joe Red fin. 'Bout spooled me :) Good solid fish. Buddy is going to post pics later on.
Here is the pick
6ef53cbcdc5a4a1f408fa95214a9c21e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Dbllunger":i4ng3ajw said:
Congrats! They sure are fun to catch. Have you tried the 7" Redfin? Its the only size I use. Smokey Joe is a great color.
Yea, we throw both. Had a guy make us a gallon zip lock bag full of 4 in rainbow colored swimbaits that we are fixin to unleash on them :)

Parahunter":3a8w609h said:
cowhunter71":3a8w609h said:
Here is the pick

Fish had a 9 in. rainbow in it's stomach when I fillet him out, and he still ate my 5 in. RedFin. Eating machines, sure 'nuff

cowhunter71":3q0dn015 said:
Parahunter":3q0dn015 said:
cowhunter71":3q0dn015 said:
Here is the pick

Fish had a 9 in. rainbow in it's stomach when I fillet him out, and he still ate my 5 in. RedFin. Eating machines, sure 'nuff
I pulled 6 15 inch rainbow trout out of one last year beat anything I've ever seen

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Parahunter":maee1lkx said:
7mm08":maee1lkx said:
Come up to the Clinch and kill them and I'll pay for all your bait and gas! Good job!
I'll take you up on that![emoji16]

You show me pics of dead stripers above COLD WATER and tell me where to send a
Check!!! I hate those dang fish in a blue ribbon trout stream. They destroy the lower river every summer!!!
They are no better than a coyote IMO

Nice catch man! Me and my brother get after them on the hiwassee every year. I've got some go pro footage of one my brother caught a few years back. Check out the link to see the video. https://youtu.be/91TShxImV5U

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7mm08":1y6zs3vp said:
Parahunter":1y6zs3vp said:
7mm08":1y6zs3vp said:
Come up to the Clinch and kill them and I'll pay for all your bait and gas! Good job!

Check!!! I hate those dang fish in a blue ribbon trout stream. They destroy the lower river every summer!!!
I don't know how many times I've been on the clinch in the summer and wished that bowfishing was legal for stripers. I could stack them up like cord wood.

Any good places you can direct me to fish for them in the clinch? I've never fished up there, but I would like to target those fish you speak of.
SES":3fip90nr said:
7mm08":3fip90nr said:
Parahunter":3fip90nr said:
7mm08 said:

I don't know how many times I've been on the clinch in the summer and wished that bowfishing was legal for stripers. I could stack them up like cord wood.

Latest posts

Back