• Help Support TNDeer:

For the old timers.

Iglow

I'm probably the only one on here that still shoots fingers but anyway, my supply of StaJak arrow holders ran out. Some of the young ones won't even know what it is !😲🤣They went outta business decades ago so time to improvise. A pcs of rubber strap, a 3mm expansion spring , a paperclip and some gorilla glue.
IMG_4743.webp

IMG_4745.webp

Last edited:
Big Jim's has one that's highly recommended. I'm a dedicated lifelong finger shooter. I shoot compounds and recurves both. I'm dedicated this year to killing with my recurve first.
What compound do you shoot now?
I've learned one thing the some say you can't shoot the new short bows with fingers is a thing started by companies that sell release aids. I shoot one with 28" ata and get great arrow flight with fingers, I've got 3 of those bows but for hunting I use the one set up for fingers. It's just better for hunting imo. No fumbling with a release when a deer comes in fast, no noise, no dropping it outta the stand, none of that.
A release is ok for target shooting and stuff but I'd never hunt with one.

I've hunted with a Hoyt ultratec with xt3000 limbs 41" ata since 2002. I bought a Hoyt Aspen with carbon plus 4 limbs approx. 46" ata several months ago and planned to have it ready to go but, I'm having trouble getting draw length and cycle where I want it. Also my accuracy with my recurve is better than ever so I'm hunting with it now. As far as releases go I tried one in the 80's and got up in my tree only to have left it in my truck. Since I was hunting with a pro vantage tracer at the time I learned fingers and haven't hunted with a release again.

Attachments

• 72183425842__1BE5700C-5671-446F-AAF1-B92A9E75C36E.webp
    72183425842__1BE5700C-5671-446F-AAF1-B92A9E75C36E.webp
    410.6 KB · Views: 1
I've hunted with a Hoyt ultratec with xt3000 limbs 41" ata since 2002. I bought a Hoyt Aspen with carbon plus 4 limbs approx. 46" ata several months ago and planned to have it ready to go but, I'm having trouble getting draw length and cycle where I want it. Also my accuracy with my recurve is better than ever so I'm hunting with it now. As far as releases go I tried one in the 80's and got up in my tree only to have left it in my truck. Since I was hunting with a pro vantage tracer at the time I learned fingers and haven't hunted with a release again.

Please wear your harness the whole time in the tree with that Lone Wolf! I had one and a slipped on me a couple times. Also, my buddy about lost his life to one because the band broke on the lower platform…

Here are some pictures. The one picture is the cedar where his head almost landed on the stob sticking up. Yes that's blood.

Attachments

• IMG_5677.webp
    IMG_5677.webp
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5678.webp
    IMG_5678.webp
    325.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5679.webp
    IMG_5679.webp
    294.1 KB · Views: 1
Omg!! I was sitting in it yesterday thinking of how great it is. I never dreamed the straps could/would break. I do wear my harness while I'm hunting but, going up and coming down I'm not hooked up. Thanks for the heads up!!

Latest posts

Back