• Help Support TNDeer:

Holston ammunition plant

WORM82

Looked at the harvest report and they killed 27 total with 17 bucks in 2 days. Looks like stopping the earn a buck helped alot. All 17 bucks killed were 8pts or bigger. I heard there was a 14pt and a 13pt taken on the first day but I never seen any pics or heard anything else. Anyone heard about this or know someone who hunted.

Do they still do the lottery draw that morning and take you out in the trucks?
6 years ago I hunted right beside the plants and saw two bucks that would push 130-140" that were in range and I could not draw back!

Yes they still draw stands the morning of the hunt and take you out in the box trucks and pick ups. They cut back on the number of hunters this year and I don't know of anyone who got drawn.

Drive by it almost daily and lately have seen some big boys walking the fence line in bachelor groups. There are definitely some big boys on that fenced in area.

It's considered a high fence property by Boone and Crockett and pope and young but the TN deer registry accepts deer from there. I used to work with a guy that killed a 189" 16pt there in the early 80s. If you google holston army ammunition plant deer hunts you can see pics of some of the deer that are in there this year.

Most of the people that get drawn are DAV or military. They are the only ones that get preference. So with the smaller quota this year they filled up quickly. The largest buck was 169".

My 16 yr old daughter is drawn for the youth hunt on Oct 25th (weekend after next). Guess who is her adult supervisor. :)

We are excited. It will be my 3 time there and her second. I am praying a big boy walks within her bow range.

Congrats to you and your daughter plinker. If she got drawn for the youth archery hunt then you should at least see plenty deer. I don't know about now but before on the juvy hunts they would let the kids shoot any buck.

Latest posts

Back