For Sale Homegrown Produce Sweetwater

Bone_Chaser

I have 24 acres of produce in Sweetwater and my summer crops are kicking in if anybody needs anything.

Sweet corn bicolor or white $6/dozen
#1 tomatoes $28/ 25lb box
#2 tomatoes $20
Tomato prices will drop as we get more.
Peaches $34 half bushel or $4/quart cup
Blackberries
Cucumbers
Potatoes $20/30lb box
Beans, peppers, okra, squash and a whole lot more.
All homegrown and on the farm.
Dirt Poor Farm
184 county road 323 Sweetwater
606-304-4917
We are at several farmers markets in Knoxville and in Chattanooga on Sunday too.

Last edited:

Bone_Chaser

Do you sell any okra already cut up? Down here it sells really well already cut up in ziplock bags.
I've never really seen or thought of it. Is it frozen?

Okra is one of those unique items sort of like sweet corn in that 1-3 day to sell niche where the grocery stores with million dollar contracts can't compete with me because it doesn't store well. We store it in brown paper bags in the cooler and won't sell it after 3 days.

Chapman

I've never really seen or thought of it. Is it frozen?

Okra is one of those unique items sort of like sweet corn in that 1-3 day to sell niche where the grocery stores with million dollar contracts can't compete with me because it doesn't store well. We store it in brown paper bags in the cooler and won't sell it after 3 days.
It's a big seller here for local okra growers. There are some okra slicing machines made in this area that people buy and slice their okra and fill gallon ziplocks.
They sell it fresh and frozen and people buy it like hotcakes. They will pay double the price for pre-sliced.

Latest posts