• Help Support TNDeer:

homemade foam marker for sprayer

Chaneylake

8 inch pvc pipe, a 5 gallon plastic gas can is cheaper
$15.00 +/- 12 volt air compressor
hose barb for compressor
metal or plastic "T" for right and left foam lines [I used 3/4 but I think that 1/2 or maybe even 3/8 might be better]
off/on toggle switch, wire

this works great and it will save you plenty of dollars by not over spraying high dollar chemicals

A.Hall said:
Some more good info! A small foamer will cost around 300

so true, I sprayed my 6 acre yard on Monday and basically paid for the foam marker cost based in cost of overspray last year vs. same chemicals used this year, plus with a redneck like me the foam marker guidance does away with having to think about where you have been

I am using ag foam concentrate, 1 part concentrate to 100 parts water, instead of dawn type soap because I just have it, I will try dawn or some other type soap and will post results if it works

Jarred525 said:
Great idea, let us know how the dawn works through it.

had a friend tell me today that the "dawn" works great in his foamer.

I am going to suggest a couple of changes on my original post

1. use a 3/8 "T" and 3/8 foam line instead of the 3/4 that I have shown in the photo above

2. at the end of the 3/8 foam line where the foam will fall onto the ground attach a "spray tip metal screen filter" with the filter exposed, the foam will build on the metal screen filter and fall off in larger globs of foam.

I saw one of this type being used today with the 3/8 line and screen filter attached and it was doing a great job, I asked the guy if he had tried "Dawn" and he stated that is what I am looking at.

I will be modifying mine tomorrow to the 3/8

blountcountyboy said:
Just last night I was looking at the field and could see where I had missed a few spots. I looked up foaming systems and WOW their expensive. Glad I saw your post. I'll be making myself a foamer now.

you can drastically cut the cost if you use a 5 gallon plastic gas can instead of the PVC pipe as I did, the pipe shown in the picture was about $40.00 for every piece shown

Latest posts

Back