• Help Support TNDeer:

Hotfoot

First thing I'd do is lubricate the pivot points on the hot foot. If that doesn't solve it, I'd remove the throttle cable and press the hot foot all the way down.

If it returns normally, then the issue is with the throttle cable. Make sure your throttle cable has a clean route to the hotfoot with no bends, etc.

If it doesn't return normally, then it's not the throttle cable. Check for any gunk, fishing line, etc in the pivot points.

Back on the day a buddy of mine had an Astro with a 225 on it. We were fun fishin and had a bank we wanted to fish and started heading that way wide open. Well, we passed the bank and I looked at my buddy and he was trying to reach and pull the hot foot up, problem was it was already up. I didn't panic and told him to trim the motor all the way down then pull the kill switch. He did and we started investigating the issue. Found a zip tie was holding the carburetor wide open and had nothing to do with the hot foot.

Back on the day a buddy of mine had an Astro with a 225 on it. We were fun fishin and had a bank we wanted to fish and started heading that way wide open. Well, we passed the bank and I looked at my buddy and he was trying to reach and pull the hot foot up, problem was it was already up. I didn't panic and told him to trim the motor all the way down then pull the kill switch. He did and we started investigating the issue. Found a zip tie was holding the carburetor wide open and had nothing to do with the hot foot.
scary moment! It's scary enough with mine just sticking on take off. It'll eventually unstick after pressing a couple times.

Latest posts

Back