• Help Support TNDeer:

How many of you ...

My dad taught me. I don't remember how old I was, but I was shooting archery when I was 10 or so. I bow hunted with him a good amount in middle school and high school. I never have killed a deer with a bow, but I killed several with a gun. My favorite trips were to a Ballard Youth hunt with my dad, granddad, and brother...and then a couple of trips to Sturgis with my dad and some of his hunting buddies. I wish Sturgis was still huntable to us. That place was and still is amazing.

I went off to college in 2000 and just didn't have the time or money to put into hunting any more. I'm really starting to get the fever again though and I plan on buying a bow here soon and plan for next season. I'm about two hours away from "home" but Fort Campbell and LBL are right in the middle of my dad and I so I can't wait to meet up with him a couple times next fall for some hunting.

Im 15 and i started hunting when i was 5 with my dad and killed my first deer when i was 11 i was shooting a bow at age 5 and got my first fun at age 6 it was a .22 lr lever action now i use a remington 30-06 and have taken 2 deer this year a doe and a 9 pt but the buck i killed at age 11 scored 155 and it was an 8pt and the 9pt i killed this year scored 130 it was nice deer but the 8 was better good luck to all

Won my first 30-30 model 94 winchester selling magazines for the FFA at high school! i also won 3- 22's , a bowie knife, and a scrade double blade hunting knife to boot.....yes high school! sad we wouldnt even consider that today! man i am glad i got in under the radar!!!

smstone22 said:
and first rimfire was at 4, first centerfire at 6.

I feel like a loser now. My son didn't shoot a rimfire until he was 8. BB gun at 7.

He did kill a buck at 10 though. And in Florida too!

My dad didn't bowhunt, matter of fact no body around me did, I was just interested in it, got a bow for my birthday and have been hooked ever since

UpandAt'em said:
Learned to Bow Hunt from your Dad? from a School PE class? from being in the National Archery in the Schools Program? or some other way? Just curious 'cause both my boys (11 & 9) first shot a bow in Cub Scouts, then we got them a Genesis Bow.
How did you take it up?

When did you get your first rifle?

Sorry, I tried archery, never stuck to me. But I got my first rifle Christmas of 2006 from my uncle Tom. My papaw (my dad's dad) bought a U.S. Model 1917 30-06 Eddystone for a $20 bill in 1963, and I inherited it. :D

Latest posts

Back