• Help Support TNDeer:

How to discourage a boat thief?

7mm08

Other than a hitch lock how/what do you do to keep your boat from thieves, although we know if they want it bad enough....

This includes aluminum trailers at boat launches( bad problem in SC), and motors.

Thanks

7mm08":1hk2v2uh said:
Other than a hitch lock how/what do you do to keep your boat from thieves, although we know if they want it bad enough....

This includes aluminum trailers at boat launches( bad problem in SC), and motors.

Thanks

Park in well lit, heavily trafficked areas. Park so your truck makes it hard to get the trailer around the truck. Make them work for it or find an easier target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bring it to my house and I'll keep it in the barn and run it on occasion for you!!!!!!! I'll even put a lock on the barn door.........

Mine has fold away tongue so I fold it and chain tongue to trailer frame. Yep, thief can cut 2 locks and be gone with it. I also park a vehicle in front of it when able. Also have it insured.

Talking to my boat mechanic this week and he said " I've seen where the thieves take a saws all to the tramsem and remove the engine in a matter of a minute! Crazy.
I just always thought if you wanted something you worked hard to get it ;)

Put a chain thru one of the slots in your rim and wrap it around the trailer frame, lock it with a quality lock.

7mm08":3spbajdl said:
tree_ghost":3spbajdl said:
Bullets...Bullets will discourage a boat theif...

Maybe a Glock sticker on the boat will give them a message!!

Scatter some empty brass around the parking lot and bloody handprints on the boat will leave no room for interpretation.

Use a 3/8 or 1/2 diameter cable through the wheel instead of a chain. Bolt cutters just mash and pinch a cable. Also position the lock behind the wheel or trailer frame to make it difficult to get bolt cutters on it.

Latest posts

Back