• Help Support TNDeer:

Howa Mini 6 ARC: Awesome Rifle

UTGrad

Bought a 22" sporter barrel Howa Mini 6 ARC barreled action from Brownells and put it in a Bell and Carlson M40 stock. 970 rounds down the bore and it hammers. 108 grain ELDMs over 27.5 grains of Varget are still at 1800 FPS at 600 yards. The recoil with a can is like a .223 and I can spot my shots. This will put some deer down this year.

100 yards

IMG_1528.webp

600 yards

IMG_1524.webp

IMG_0112.webp

6 ARC has quickly became my favorite round. I'm liking the 90 grain Sierra Tipped GameKings or Gamechangers as I've also seen them called. They have been performing very well on hogs this summer. I just can't get Starline to ship my bulk brass order unfortunately.

Same here. It's so easy to shoot and doesn't burn up barrels. 5000 + round barrel life.

It's like shooting a .223 but better ballistics and wind bucking ability.

Been eyeballing a couple of those on gunbroker, whats the real difference between them and a 243? I have a couple 243, would my grandkids see any benefit of 6 arc over the 243

Been eyeballing a couple of those on gunbroker, whats the real difference between them and a 243? I have a couple 243, would my grandkids see any benefit of 6 arc over the 243

Considerable reduction in recoil without giving up much in performance. Faster twist barrel in 6 ARC stabilizes heavier, higher BC bullets which retain energy better down range.

Bought a 22" sporter barrel Howa Mini 6 ARC barreled action from Brownells and put it in a Bell and Carlson M40 stock. 970 rounds down the bore and it hammers. 108 grain ELDMs over 27.5 grains of Varget are still at 1800 FPS at 600 yards. The recoil with a can is like a .223 and I can spot my shots. This will put some deer down this year.

100 yards

View attachment 241094

600 yards

View attachment 241095

View attachment 241100

A friend is running varget in his Salvage 6arc. It's a dandy little setup.

Looks like you have it figured out well for that rifle. Built one in an ar platform around a ballistic advantage barrel. I never finished settling on a load for it, but had best results with imr 4895 and good results with accurate 2520 under 100 gr interlocks. Had just slightly over .5 inch 5 shot group with 27.5 grains aa2520, as moved up in .5 grain increments groups opened up. Had planned on running 103 grain eldx or .95 gr Berger vld's but never did enough testing with the eldx and haven't even tried the Bergars yet.

It's tough to not shoot a lot when you have an accurate, low recoil cartridge that just sips powder.

I shoot my Grendel quite a bit but I think I'd enjoy an Arc even more.

The biggest difference is kick and how much it costs to set it off.

If you reload, 6 arc hands down, no questions. It can be loaded within 3-4 cents/shot of a 223 depending on what bullets you're using.
If you're buying your ammo from the store, probably cant be the 243 for availability.

Back