• Help Support TNDeer:

Hunting house

SelphLogging

Im fixing to build a real nice hunting house, elevated, Just curious of any advice on what to build out of, I have access to sawmill lumber. I want it comfy enough to sit 2 kids and 2 adults. Any size advice?
Any DO's and DONT's?

IF YOUR GONNA ELEVATE IT USE TREATED POST, BUT SAW MILL LUMBER WILL WORK PERFCET TO FRAME IT IN SINCE IT WILL BE ENCLOSED AND WILL BE A LIL CHEAPER ON YOU TO BUILD,LOOK AT HOW MANY BARNS ARE STILL STANDING THATS MADE OUT OF SAW MILL LUMBER !!!!!!

I have built plenty and many of all sizes. The best one we have is only about 5 feet off the ground on 4X4 posts. We got plywood and had someone sitting in the bench seat we built. Also, had a guy on the ground pushing the plywood up or down to the perfect height. Height of seat is also very important and is also overlooked. If that thing is uncomfortable, you cant sit in it very long. You want these things for an all day sit through a rainy day. For the roof, we had access to big pieces of rubber. that and roofing nails on top of the plywood has worked great. Good luck with it.

Latest posts

Back