• Help Support TNDeer:

Hunting old spots

catman

So what does one do when you haven't had the time to scout? Go in blind and hope that some old spots that you have marked on your GPS will pay off. Good luck to everyone!

I would hunt the old spots first. I have places I have hunted for years that I do not scout I just know that at certain times of the season I need to hunt this area. I will try my new spots after those. Now if I have places I have found say on a map that just looks like a great funnel or some place I found last season that had a lot of sign curiosity will usually get the best of me and I will have to go try it out.

I have spots that I hunt year after year. Because there is something in that location that I like. Weather it be a terrain feature, annual scrap location, water hole, ext…. So much so that I have two permanent blinds in locations that always pay off. I'm my opinion you have to be cautious not to over hunt these locations in a given year.

I have spots that I hunt year after year. Because there is something in that location that I like. Weather it be a terrain feature, annual scrap location, water hole, ext…. So much so that I have two permanent blinds in locations that always pay off. I'm my opinion you have to be cautious not to over hunt these locations in a given year.
Some stands may not produce like normal but certain stands never disappoint.

Latest posts

Back