• Help Support TNDeer:

Hunting The Cold and North Wind?

My coldest still was 7 with a high of 11. Sat dark to dark. Feet were cold but that isn't unusual. Sitka Fanatic set carried to the stand. Wool then fleece baselayers.

After living in north east Illinois and north west Indiana for 44 years I've found that it doesn't get cold here in south central Kentucky. So with Tennessee being farther south it can't possibly be cold down there. I have all sorts of cold weather gear that I don't get to wear. Have wool and it will keep you warm when wet. Have other high tech insulated garments that work great but wear loose fitting layers. Also get outer layer of clothing labeled wind block or wind blocking capability. Loved to kill big bucks in January when other hunters have quit for the year. Easy to pattern and kill but you have to be able to take the weather. Here are a few January bucks. First pic far right IL bow. Second from right IN bow. Second pic middle buck is IL bow. My last winter there 2013/2014 we had a total of 121 inches of snow. Don't miss the bitter cold but sure do miss the snow.

View attachment 247582View attachment 247583
I'm in TN Depends on what elevation your at in the mountains if 10 degrees or 0 with a 20mph wind isn't cold then your a snowman. This elevation in N east Tn makes every bit as cold as much farther north. I'll search around looking at temps in the winter on my weather app and temps are usually close to New York and Pennsylvania. Sometimes colder here Believe it or not.

Latest posts

Back