• Help Support TNDeer:

I don't float !

hammer33

Got in a pool for the first time in 2 years Saturday. I used to be a strong swimmer, surfed, skied, swam laps, and free swam a 2 mile course on the lake back in my 30's So I was a bit shocked when I got in the pool and sunk to the bottom. It was a bit of a struggle to swim with a negative buoyancy that left me feeling unsettled. (lost about 15 lbs that must have been keeping me afloat) Made the decision to then to always wear my life jacket in the boat from now on. Not just when running the big motor. How easy would it be to loose your balance due to a misstep, a boat wake, a trolling motor surge, take a tumble and wind up in the water?

yeah me too. in the army i could swim 500 meters like nobody's business. i tried it a couple years ago when i built my wife a pool. after 4 laps, 160 ft, i was flat out spent.

None of us are as young as we think we are…
I found that out a couple weeks ago…. Pouring a small concrete slab…🥴

I told my Wife I was glad concrete needed 7 days of curing too reach 70% strength….😎

So I had most of the week too recover & lick my wounds..🤣

Sinking to the bottom really kinda freaked me out. I think of all the times something "could" have happened, especially fishing in the winter months with me thinking I still floated and swam like I did 10 years ago. I have those inflatable life jackets and Im going to start wearing one the whole time Im on the boat, not just when Im running the big motor.

A friend bought a nice pontoon from a local boat dock. Turns out the owner fell off the boat, while in the slip, and almost drown. The dock owner said the guy never came back. He abandoned boat and everything aboard.

Latest posts

Back